Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I own a 2006 Daytona and have bought a hacked Nav disk from a forum member. My daughter just bought a New 300 C and I was wondering if anyone has a Hacked Nav disk for a 2014 Nav unit yet? Is so I would be interested in 2 disks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
There's no disk to hack - per se - for the 2011+ radios.

The map data is stored in onboard flash memory, so you load map updates to it via DVD or USB.

They're standard Garmin map updates for the most part. For map updates, I'd suggest purchasing a Garmin nuvi with lifetime map updates as a donor. A 3490LMT is a good candidate, and can be found much cheaper than an official update disk.

I've updated many radios, but I'm currently running into some issues in my new '14. I'll keep playing with it to try to figure out what the problem is.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
There's no disk to hack - per se - for the 2011+ radios.

The map data is stored in onboard flash memory, so you load map updates to it via DVD or USB.

They're standard Garmin map updates for the most part. For map updates, I'd suggest purchasing a Garmin nuvi with lifetime map updates as a donor. A 3490LMT is a good candidate, and can be found much cheaper than an official update disk.

I've updated many radios, but I'm currently running into some issues in my new '14. I'll keep playing with it to try to figure out what the problem is.
I'm very interested in this since my mother-in-law has a Garmin with lifetime updates. Once you figure out the issue with the '14, could you do a How-To writeup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts