Charger Forums banner

Guys, I need some help....

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  GotACharger 
#1 ·
First of all, I'd like to say hi to everyone here on the forum. Just for some backgrond info, I'm 17 years old (18 in October), and I'm helping my dad with some car shopping. He's in his mid-40's and is looking for a "cool" new car (more on that in a bit) because the lease on his '02 Chrysler Sebring is up next May. We've got 5 people in our family, with my mom and two younger siblings.

Anyway, he's looking for a "cool" car in the sense that it it's a car that looks nice and has some kick to it (he'd also like an aut. Keeping our family in mind, it should also be able to fit 4 or 5 of us in case of an emergency (my mom's Caravan is the real car we'd use if all of us were going on a long road trip and we wouldn't use my '96 Avenger). At this point, I think the front-runners are the '05 GTO, Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300, the SRT-4 (which will be out of production by May), and, of course, the Charger.

I personally am leaning towards the Charger. It has nice, distinctively Dodge looks (and my dad's a Dodge type of guy), nice power under the hood, and all with the practicality of a 4-door sedan. However, he's one of those who's a little mad that it's not a "real" Charger, that Dodge is just using the name with it being a sedan (of course, he fails to realize that half the cars he's looking at are sedans). Could you guys please help me to prove to him that the Charger is the car for him?

See less See more
#2 ·
wolfpack9bm said:
I personally am leaning towards the Charger. It has nice, distinctively Dodge looks (and my dad's a Dodge type of guy), nice power under the hood, and all with the practicality of a 4-door sedan. However, he's one of those who's a little mad that it's not a "real" Charger, that Dodge is just using the name with it being a sedan (of course, he fails to realize that half the cars he's looking at are sedans). Could you guys please help me to prove to him that the Charger is the car for him?

got 2 words for you.... TEST DRIVE

from the outside it looks like a "Regular sized" car, but when inside... its like riding in first class on an airliner. and if he wants power... the 5.7L has got alot of it.. (im getting the 6.1L myself) if he testdrove one... he'll LOVE IT!

#3 ·
Don't forget the 05 GTO is a 2 seater with limited back seats....

The CTS is a$$ ugly ... imho...

The car's i was looking at Charger, 300C, BMW 5, Acura RL, Infiniti M35 Sport and used MB S500 series. My main goals were to keep the price under 45K, fully loaded options, had to hold 4-5 people and have 300+ HP.

Infiniti wouldn't deal on the 35 Sport $49k fully loaded.
06 Acura RL got down to 45K (I currently drive a 01 CL-TypeS) but lacked rear head room.
BMW 5... POS IMHO.... Great motor, not comfortable, active steering is the worst option to try and sell on the car :p
MB S500 ... great room, Huge car.. but to be affordable need 40K+ miles on vehicle.

Which leaves the Charger and 300C; Drove the 300C a few times in the last year, but the Charger is just beautiful piece of work :)

Order my Daytona on 7/22.. went to D status on 8/14...

Prediciting a late Sept. Delivery....

Potsie

#4 · (Edited)
wolfpack9bm said:
At this point, I think the front-runners are the '05 GTO, Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300, the SRT-4 (which will be out of production by May), and, of course, the Charger.
Given the fact that he may have to transport up to five people, I think it's better to go with one of the large sedans. Therefore, you can eliminate the GTO because it's a coupe and the SRT-4 because it's too small. That leaves you with the 300, the Charger and the Caddy. Of the three, I like the Charger the best. It's much sportier looking than the 300 and the Caddy just doesn't excite me. I also agree with milkdud that your Dad will fall in love with the Charger once he test drives it. I know I did! :)

#6 ·
The Charger is surprisingly big (Ok - huge) on the inside. I was shocked to see how far away the people in the back seat look. Tell your pops to take it for a test drive, and to bring his check book because he will not want to give it back.

When I test drove my charger, I returned to the lot where my salesman and I were greeted by another salesman. He said "Thank god you two are back, we have a line of people waiting to test drive the car." It was at that point I took $200 out of my wallet, handed it to my salesman and said "Sorry, this one was JUST purchased."

#7 · (Edited)
wolfpack9bm said:
If your dad likes 2-doors there's not much you can do.
If it's the fact that this particular 4 door is named charger. Just replace the charger badges with what ever name you want.
You could try calling it Fury R/T. That fits.
________
Live Sex

#9 ·
go look at the backseat of the CTS.... seeing as how you more the likely would be stuck back there... I would keep him away from it... LOL

Go for the 300 or the charger, as they have the most interior room of all the cars you listed...

#11 ·
DAYTONA_R/T said:
Go look at the backseat of the CTS.... seeing as how you more the likely would be stuck back there... I would keep him away from it... LOL
Yes, the CTS is a fairly small car. In order to compete with the roominess of the charger you would have to look at the STS, but then you're talking about a lot more money. The funny thing is that I would still take a Charger over the STS even if I could get the STS for the same price. :)

#13 ·
Heck , have your Dad call me, and tell him I am old enough to be your grandfather ( well, I guess I could be if I got in trouble at a fairly young age ), and if an old geezer like me loves these Beasts then a young guy like him should get off his heinie and get into one. Yeh, I will regale him with stories of what happened in a Charger when I was a young pup, and, whoops.............maybe I could be your grandfather. Anyway , call if you want some ideas, and hang in there.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893

PS - Have some faith,man, I am still the same guy that talked his mom into buying a Chrysler family car in 1968.

Chrysler 300C
440 V8
375 hp model
Slapstick Automatic

14 inch tires ------------these donuts were lasting about 5-6,000 miles and my mom kept wondering why they were soooooo defective,ha!

#14 ·
Bill, I e-mailed you about 3 weeks ago and wanted to get my Daytona from your company! I never heard back, so I ordered it from Tempe Dodge here in Arizona! :sad:

#15 ·
DutchMaster said:
The Charger is surprisingly big (Ok - huge) on the inside. I was shocked to see how far away the people in the back seat look. Tell your pops to take it for a test drive, and to bring his check book because he will not want to give it back.

When I test drove my charger, I returned to the lot where my salesman and I were greeted by another salesman. He said "Thank god you two are back, we have a line of people waiting to test drive the car." It was at that point I took $200 out of my wallet, handed it to my salesman and said "Sorry, this one was JUST purchased."
Same thing happend when I bought my car paperwork was being done and this couple was all up inside the car..... I went and got the sales dude and told him "Man you got to get those people out of my car" Seems it becomes territorial at that point you know you got to have this car LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.