Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I just bought smoked GTS headlight covers for my '06 Charger R/T. I popped them on, but I'm not sure that all is good...The only part for them to attach is on the bottom, in the middle.

It seems that there is a sizable gap along the outside edge (close to a full inch from the turn signal). Picture is attached.

Is it just me, or are these supposed to be this way?

Thanks!
J

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome! :)

I am pretty sure that isn't right. Maybe someone that actually has them can chime in and help you out. I thought they just popped in and attached on the top and the bottom.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Try to push the top under the facia also. I started with the top first then the bottom. Y ou might have to do some manuvering to get them to set right.

Scott

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try to push the top under the facia also. I started with the top first then the bottom. Y ou might have to do some manuvering to get them to set right.

Scott
Thanks, Scott

After reading your message, I popped it off and tried again using your method. With this design, I don't see anything that the top of the cover can "grab onto", as there is no gap above the light. There is just the gap below where it can snap in. I couldn't get it to fit any better. Hmm... hmm...

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
You need to tuck the bottoms in as you did, then tuck the tops in as well. its a VERY tight fit, and doing it too rough WILL scratch your paint, so be careful. but the end result is something like my car. very good fit, flush against the car's body.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Ultra, that is one cool license plate. You must really stand out In the ol' Emerates with your sweet American ride there......

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
LOL, yeah, I LOVE the red ploates, I was lucky enough to get one of the last ones since they're out of them, the ones after that are blue, then gray, then green. eh.

My last car (my brother drives it now) was a Chevy Lumina SS, basically a 4 door GTO, 325 hp LS1. I LOVE American muscle cars. The damn thing is faster than the Charger, but not nearly as good looking!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
From the pics you have there the top is out also it looks. Be sure to push down on the facia and it will go together - but like I said it will take some manuvering.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts