Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I mean, though, is if you weren't in the position where you needed a sedan, who would have bought the GTO instead? Talking LS2 GTO here.

ME! I'm not saying it was a no-brainer, but the LS2 and the interior of the 06 GTO i test drove were hard to beat. I actually liked the look of the car and would definitely take it over a base R/T, although I really didn't like the 04 look. Looks vs. my Daytona...probably a tossup, but even though I was on the way to buy the GTO, I realized I was being an idiot with a 2 month old baby to buy a coupe.

There, I'll admit it. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Single, 28 years old, no kids. I could have bought either one and looked at both...I have no problems sleeping at night.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bought the GTO for the same reason that I bought an '86 Buick T-type back in the 80's. Stealth and performance potential. The Charger was my second pick. In my book, style has never made a car any faster and I never needed a car to pick up chicks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just sold my 05 GTO. The power in the GTO blows away the charger with the butt dyno hands down. The ride obviously isn't nearly as nice as the Charger. I was really tired of the bland styling of the exterior and wanted the 2 extra doors. I needed a DD. Although the GTO is a great DD for some. My situation needed something a little bigger with a trunk. (can barely fit golf clubs in the GOAT)

I miss the power but I'm very happy with my Charger. Once I start modding I'll feel a little better about the power. I too sleep just fine at night.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looked hard at a goat at one time, but FOR ME the styling was just too blah, besides that I do have kids and the room of the Daytona is a big factor, and the low number of the series cinched it for me.

NO regrets.

Next car is probly gonna be a Challenger or an old piece of detroit muscle just for fun.

·
Registered
135 Posts
BTW - The GTO is a bada$$ car and would recommend it to anyone! I would still be driving one if I had a better 2nd car for a DD. LS2 is god's son's engine...Jesus.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My last car was coupe, and remarkably, looked a lot like a GTO, although it was a Toyota. I didn't want a coupe this time but wanted to get a sedan, so I went with my Daytona.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i didnt need a 4 door, i have a minivan and 4 door truck for the family. i looked at A LOT of cars, including the GTO, and while i was impressed by the acceleration it had, i couldnt stand the styling inside and out. but especially out. after shopping for about 6 months i finally got the charger, and i love it. i wouldnt ever trade it for a goat

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i looked at the gto long and hard. the ls2 engine is a thing of beauty, but the car unfortunately is not. i wouldnt say a car needs to be beautiful to pick up women in, but it does for me to drive it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My friend has a goat and let me drive it.....The LS2 is an awesome engine to begin with and with a little tuning; an absolute beast. However, the styling doesn't do a thing for me, it looks like a cavelier got rear-ended by a toyota. The charger has 2 more doors to help the chicks get in and it has a more aggressive "bad boy" look to it (especially the SRT). We all know the chicks dig the bad boys! :)
I am in no way dissing the goat's performance, but as a whole package, the charger won my vote.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The GTO looks like buttcheese to me. Too many vents and do-dads and whatnot. And, The only coupes I'd buy are foriegn (G35/350Z). Power wise, other than the rare Viper, Porsche, G35TT, Z06 and Evo III that I may see on the highway, I have no problem passing anyone should I need to. Honestly, most of the guys that own those are old and they only come out in the middle of summer, so I can usually pass them too (cuz they don't drive fast). And I've yet to have a problem with the car not having enough power to get from 1 light to the next. The only thing I really can't do (as efficiently as I'd like) in a Charger that I could do (better) in a GTO is go sideways. But, given the amount of wear and tear that type of activity puts on a car, it'd be best that I don't do it at all.

So, my vote's for the Cha-ja!!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Single, 28 years old, no kids. I could have bought either one and looked at both...I have no problems sleeping at night.
That is because you are single, no kids, and 28 years old!

LIFE CAN"T GET ANY BETTER (well, I love my kids and wife but I would give my ..... to be 28 years old again)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
My friend has a goat and let me drive it.....The LS2 is an awesome engine to begin with and with a little tuning; an absolute beast. However, the styling doesn't do a thing for me, it looks like a cavelier got rear-ended by a toyota. The charger has 2 more doors to help the chicks get in and it has a more aggressive "bad boy" look to it (especially the SRT). We all know the chicks dig the bad boys! :)
I am in no way dissing the goat's performance, but as a whole package, the charger won my vote.
Yeh, picking the SRT over the GTO is not a tough decision.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
That is because you are single, no kids, and 28 years old!

LIFE CAN"T GET ANY BETTER (well, I love my kids and wife but I would give my ..... to be 28 years old again)
I disagree, I'm 21, single, with no kids! :grin: :tongue:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I loev my GTO. I wanted a sleeper. All the SRT Chargers are NOT sleepers. They are just to loud for me.
Stealth and anonymity it brings isn't for everyone. But the rewards it gives can far outweigh the attention sought by others.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
simple for me, never liked the looks of the GTO, performance wise it's an awesome car. But once I saw the '06 Charger R/T's, i fell in love hard core. I'm 27 and have a 19 month old daughter. i prolly would've made due with a coupe, but the Charger is by far the sharpest looking modern car, imho. It has the dare ya to drive me look and is so sweet, i'm at loss for words.

Of course, the new Challenger is looking pretty sweet. When I get the Charger paid off, I might need another toy, who says you can't have two Hemi's? :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.