Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2018 SXT and was recently put in a 2019 GT rental unit. Wow. They say only a few hp difference but seat-o-da-pant-ometer says it's more fun to drive. Torque, shift points all different. Only mechanical difference is true dual exhaust on the GT. I'm running a Hellcat airbox/filter on mine. Anyone offer a programmer to give you the GT tune on the SXT?

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
842 Posts
Maybe you got lucky and had a rental with the performance handling group that you weren't aware of having.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe you got lucky and had a rental with the performance handling group that you weren't aware of having.
It had line lock and true performance mode (not just traction control). Same shocks and springs as my SXT... in 2018 the only goodies the SXT had was the sport suspension. Now curious about the rear gear since it SEEMED nearly identical to mine in normal mode.. I've owned a few modded performance cars in the last 35 years..

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Your 2018 is an AWD, this 2019 GT likely was RWD so less weight and more power to the ground. Plus a new car just seems to run better than your current car. Published horsepower is the same and the same 3.07 axle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Your 2018 is an AWD, this 2019 GT likely was RWD so less weight and more power to the ground. Plus a new car just seems to run better than your current car. Published horsepower is the same and the same 3.07 axle.

My 18 is RWD and 292 hp, the 19 GT was also RWD and 300hp. I checked under the hood of the rental unit specifically to check and see if it had CAI and AWD. Stock airbox, no CAI. Apparently the tune and the exhaust get you 8hp which means it's pointless to buy a Mopar CAI.
What I meant earlier is mine is a Blacktop Pkg which became solely an appearance group in 18 so no dual exhaust, just sport suspension.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
My 18 is RWD and 292 hp, the 19 GT was also RWD and 300hp. I checked under the hood of the rental unit specifically to check and see if it had CAI and AWD. Stock airbox, no CAI. Apparently the tune and the exhaust get you 8hp which means it's pointless to buy a Mopar CAI.
What I meant earlier is mine is a Blacktop Pkg which became solely an appearance group in 18 so no dual exhaust, just sport suspension.
My bad, got my Forums mixed up and had Challenger on the brain, sorry!

I've heard others say the same, the 2019 cars seem to just run better, gotta be the tune. Go for it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
My bad, got my Forums mixed up and had Challenger on the brain, sorry!

I've heard others say the same, the 2019 cars seem to just run better, gotta be the tune. Go for it!

I think people are just saying that to compensate for the downhill slide the interior quality control has taken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts