Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SXT owner checking in,

2 months and lovin it, funny thing is I was sitting in my car with my wife, some dude just comes over to our car and says - thats a nice car man...
I was like wow.
anyway back to the reason - GT sport package is listed in the www.dodge.com for $1259.
I am just waiting for that dual kit for my SXT-
just installed the hexagon - grille myself (that was cool), did not have to take of the whole bumper either.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Frankies3.5 said:
SXT owner checking in,

2 months and lovin it, funny thing is I was sitting in my car with my wife, some dude just comes over to our car and says - thats a nice car man...
I was like wow.
anyway back to the reason - GT sport package is listed in the www.dodge.com for $1259.
just installed the hexagon - grille myself (that was cool), did not have to take of the whole bumper either.
Just a point of clarification you may want to check out if it matters to you, but there has been some speculation that it is NOT a true dual exhaust, but a single exhaust with two tail pipes (one pipe in, two pipes out of a single catback muffler). :confused:

·
Registered
549 Posts
More then likely it is of that setup where there is one pipe into a muffler and two pipes exiting.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Oops. Just noticed your post there right above mine........

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
What is this "GT Sport Package"?

The description from Dodge.com:
Dress up your Charger and make it the hottest ride on the road. This package features everything you need such as a Daytona R/T-style Grille Insert, 17" Five-spoke Chrome Wheels, Rear Spoiler, Cat-back Exhaust System, Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips and Rear Fascia Air Diffuser.
The "build and price" function allowed me to select that GT package as an add-on for an R/T, but obviously, those wheels are a downgrade ...

Anyone know the facts on this?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
epoch said:
What is this "GT Sport Package"? The "build and price" function allowed me to select that GT package as an add-on for an R/T, but obviously, those wheels are a downgrade ...

Anyone know the facts on this?
I believe that the GT Sport Package is for the SE & SXT models. I don't know why they are letting you build and price it into an RT package. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
For those that are interested: GT Sport pkg=Hex grille insert, rear spoiler, Cat-back w/ dual chrome exhaust tips, rear air diffuser, premium 17' chrome wheels

·
Registered
11 Posts
Frankies3.5 said:
SXT owner checking in,

I was like wow.
Hey buddy

Where on the Dodge site did you find the price for the GT Sport Package? I spoke to Lee Parts and Mopar on the phone today, they both said they would call me when they get more information. I'm looking to get the package ASAP myself...how did you find it? order it?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
NedSahin said:
Hey buddy

Where on the Dodge site did you find the price for the GT Sport Package?
Thanks
Go to the build and price a charger section (I did an SXT). Step 5 (Accessories) shows the GT Sport pkg ($1259), a protection package $260 (splash guards, cargo tray, floor mats) and a daytona R/T package $433 for (floor and cargo mats)

·
Registered
11 Posts
jrourke said:
Go to the build and price a charger section (I did an SXT). Step 5 (Accessories) shows the GT Sport pkg ($1259), a protection package $260 (splash guards, cargo tray, floor mats) and a daytona R/T package $433 for (floor and cargo mats)
ok I got ya, so does this mean that if I were to seperately buy the GT package...it would be $1259, b/c if that the case...I'll do it tomorrow.

What I mean is, I didnt get the package when I bought the car, didnt know about it? could I still buy it seperately for that (1259) price and have it installed at whatever the cost?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like these will be available soon at the dealership level for after-market install. I checked yesterday on availability of the MOPAR dual exhaust and the dealership was able to tell me that their regional parts center has 45 in transit to their location with an additional 38 on back order. :happy:

·
Banned
91 Posts
All I want from the "GT Package" is the exhaust. I could care less about all the other stuff. The chrome wheels (in my opinion) wouldn't look good with the Silver Steel paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts