Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GS Motorsports is proud to announce that we have completed some key modifications for the LX platform 5.7 and 6.1

Race ESP Mod:

Completely deletes Traction control(esp) and Torque management on shifts points. This mod is worth nearly a 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile on the stock lx platform with No Codes..no more pause between shifts and no traction hold back from the ECU at the flip of a switch.!

Fan Control:

This mod Brings the fans on early keeping max temps on the motor down 10% or on the the 195 degree thermostat at crusing speed( no codes)

These mods will be aviaible from GS Motorsports as a complete package with a pre made turn key modification with instructions for an easy install on any 5.7 0r 6.1 LX platform

Scott Quaranta
GS Motorsports
888-GSM-HEMI

·
Registered
587 Posts
I did the torque management mod on my other Dodge myself. THIS mod has been around for years in the Dodge world. Same thing that Kenne Bell does with their Dodge programmer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
How hard on the tranny is this? That is, would you significantly shorten the life of it by running this way all the time? Obviously, it's going to be harder on it, but how much? I can't stand the stock shifting, but I don't want to be putting in a new one every 25k miles, either.

·
Registered
587 Posts
bstowers said:
How hard on the tranny is this? That is, would you significantly shorten the life of it by running this way all the time? Obviously, it's going to be harder on it, but how much? I can't stand the stock shifting, but I don't want to be putting in a new one every 25k miles, either.
Quite the opposite. This mod will reduce slippage in the transmission that reduces heat and will prolong the life of the transmission. Despite the shift kit, the TMR will still cut fuel and timing. I would worry more about motor mounts, driveshafts, and the differential.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
ChargerOsix said:
Quite the opposite. This mod will reduce slippage in the transmission that reduces heat and will prolong the life of the transmission. Despite the shift kit, the TMR will still cut fuel and timing. I would worry more about motor mounts, driveshafts, and the differential.
What the hell are you talking about? Shift kit?
May be I am missing something but, the only thing torque management does is cut fuel and timing. So if you disable it how could it still be cutting fuel and timing.

The hole purpose in torque management is to reduce slippage during shifts with out causing increased impact stress on the rest of the drive train. It reduces power to allow the clutches to grab quicker with out increased pressure. If you disable the Torque management you will cause the clutches (bands) to slip more. If the trans can adapt to reduce slippage by increasing pressure on the clutches (bands) then you will get harder shifts.
________
California medical marijuana dispensaries

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i like the fact that this can be disabled and enabled just like the esp...so if you don't use it all the time - it shouldn't have a dramatic effect on the transmission. correct? i would like to see more info on this mod and what about cost? when will it be available?

a question for gsm also....i have heard of one member doing a cam mod for the charger. how has that turned out and when will it be available for the masses? thanks scott!!

sincerely,
scott

·
Registered
315 Posts
GoDaddy, I will answer a couple of those questions for you. The pricing I saw on 300Cforums was $199+s/h. As for the cam/head swap. We are tearing down very soon, expected to do it much earlier this month but have had things come up over the course of the month from car shows to visiting family, etc. Right now, we are sitting on our hands because we will be doing a new intake as well (should be here tomorrow), bigger headers and bigger exhaust. With gas prices up and show schedule low and tint tickets high, the car is just sitting until we get all of this finished. So if Shaun wants to drive the car ever again, he better get his a$$ on the ball.

Wifey out. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that is hilarious....i have been sitting around looking for posts from you guys for awhile and nothing....you guys are the mod team from he!! and i have been trying to watch how things come out. shaun get going buddy we are all waiting!!!! 200 for stronger shift points and shut down the torque control - I AM THERE!!!!

have you guys found anything on shocks for the charger..did the eibach drop and well the 1.8 and 1.9 is a lie, more like 2.5 and 2.6 this thing is low and i would like to go with some new shocks - can't find anything and i am digging.

thanks for info team srt :)
godaddy

·
Registered
403 Posts
how do I order. I hate calling I want a website guys. Also is there any internal tranny work or is it all electronic.

·
Registered
549 Posts
GoDaddy said:
have you guys found anything on shocks for the charger..did the eibach drop and well the 1.8 and 1.9 is a lie, more like 2.5 and 2.6 this thing is low and i would like to go with some new shocks - can't find anything and i am digging.
Have you looked into getting some done buy truechoice.com? They do the Koni brand of shocks and from my experiance they are the best shocks for the money that allow you to adjust the dampening or to just leave alone since they are stout enough to take the abuse from stiffer springs....unless you are prone to bottoming out then they will die just like the rest of the shocks.

Later

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I heard that if you hold the ESP button for 5 seconds, it will totally disable your TQ management system?

*CAUTION* It also disables ABS!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
AZCHARGER said:
I heard that if you hold the ESP button for 5 seconds, it will totally disable your TQ management system?

you try it? I mean you have the car now and all :D

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
AZCHARGER said:

AS of now, that is a completely unconfirmed roumor about the 06 SRT models. Not the other models of Charger. And I"m pretty darn sure it would not disable ABS also. I think you might be mixing up the "pull #17 fuse" trick with this other thing.

We have the one press report from Mphonline magazine, and they gave no details.

·
Registered
66 Posts
anyone care to elaborate on the GSM thing?, for 200 bones i want to know what i would be getting, or is this like all of the "power" chips that are sold on ebay???

·
Registered
587 Posts
maneval69 said:
What the hell are you talking about? Shift kit?
May be I am missing something but, the only thing torque management does is cut fuel and timing. So if you disable it how could it still be cutting fuel and timing.

The hole purpose in torque management is to reduce slippage during shifts with out causing increased impact stress on the rest of the drive train. It reduces power to allow the clutches to grab quicker with out increased pressure. If you disable the Torque management you will cause the clutches (bands) to slip more. If the trans can adapt to reduce slippage by increasing pressure on the clutches (bands) then you will get harder shifts.
I know what the TMR does because I've done it for a cost of $5 on my Stratus. Lets see how much you guys spend. You dont know how frustrating it is to have the Venom-1000 N2O system shut off because of it. The fan control is easy too. My buddy installed one that is adjustable and it cost less than $100 and some time with a wrench.

About the shift kit, it will shorten the time between shifts mechanically so the fuel and timing pick up faster after being cut by TMR. I have TransGo SK-42LE/604 installed on my Stratus. Together, these mods work great. Dont know if a SK is available for this tranny.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
Have you looked into getting some done buy truechoice.com? They do the Koni brand of shocks and from my experiance they are the best shocks for the money that allow you to adjust the dampening or to just leave alone since they are stout enough to take the abuse from stiffer springs....unless you are prone to bottoming out then they will die just like the rest of the shocks.

Later
i will check into that - thanks a bunch that is my job for today. i will keep people posted on this - although i have found the fix, my springs are stiff when i have two adults in the back seat - anyone want to car pool..hehe (so far bottoming out hasn't been a factor at all just need a stiffer ride)

i have tried this 5 second hold on the esp - doesn't work!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
GLHS837 said:
AS of now, that is a completely unconfirmed roumor about the 06 SRT models. Not the other models of Charger.
We have the one press report from Mphonline magazine, and they gave no details.
Psst, Go D!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
ChargerOsix said:
I know what the TMR does because I've done it for a cost of $5 on my Stratus. Lets see how much you guys spend. You dont know how frustrating it is to have the Venom-1000 N2O system shut off because of it. The fan control is easy too. My buddy installed one that is adjustable and it cost less than $100 and some time with a wrench.

About the shift kit, it will shorten the time between shifts mechanically so the fuel and timing pick up faster after being cut by TMR. I have TransGo SK-42LE/604 installed on my Stratus. Together, these mods work great. Dont know if a SK is available for this tranny.
Ah! you where talking about your Stratus. Why?
Or are you just trying to rib us for how much the Hemi Cars cost to mod?
I know what a shift kit is but why are you talking about it?
There is no shift kit available for the 5 speed LX trans. Altough we hear that the TCM can control the shift firmness to the same degree a shift kit can for other trans.

Let's review the question and your answer.

bstower's question is about GSM's Torque mgmt/fan control mod..!
Your answer seems to be about the affects of a shift kit on trans life not TMR. By the way does TMR stand for Torque Management R=removal?
Your answer still makes no sense. Do you not see the reason for confusion?

And what kind of car did your buddy install the adjustable fan switch on?
________
Laguna Bay II Condos

1 - 20 of 136 Posts