Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I always thought this CAI looked great, but every one says it is junk, so I didn't end up buying one. It looks like since it will draw the air from below that you would get better performance numbers from it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
fujita makes one that goes down by the bumper too. I've heard the performance is similar to the rest of the intakes out there. Looking forward to hearing the results.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All I can say is it feels like the car has better throtle response then it did
with the AFE.
I drove the car for about 5 miles then pulled over shut the car off opened
the hood and the intake tube was very cool.
Did the same with the stock airbox and AFE they both were very hot.

I'll find out on the 19th.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always thought this CAI looked great, but every one says it is junk, so I didn't end up buying one. It looks like since it will draw the air from below that you would get better performance numbers from it.

Whoever said these intakes are junk is crazy.....:D
I know how my car performed with the other intake.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Whoever said these intakes are junk is crazy.....:D
I know how my car performed with the other intake.
I just installed the AFE II ... What was your experience with it?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
so is the filter in the fender well or what? i cant tell where it goes :(

·
Registered
706 Posts
Where is the filter? Below the hole or sitting on top; how hard is it to clean it?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
fujita makes one that goes down by the bumper too. I've heard the performance is similar to the rest of the intakes out there. Looking forward to hearing the results.
If it goes down to the bumper, isn't it possible that it will suck up water when it rains?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but most people are having better performance gains with the AFE. GSM looks better though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a similar CAI, down in the hole, but there is no direct inlet from the outside. Air comes in from down low and behind the filter. I would find it very difficult for any foreign matter from getting in.

Do they work as well as AFE or others, who knows, but they do look better. Performance gains/losses compared to others is probably un-noticeable.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
If you believe everything you read? I have a bridge for sale.
really? wood or steel? concrete? rock?
idk, ive bought a couple bridges in my day. new old? how long its been used.

im very interested. please send mssg. will pay cold hard cash.

thx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.