Charger Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I usually wash my car once a week in the shop that I work at, but I have been lacking lately because I am having the front end PPF'd here soon. We are going to put some Ceramic Pro on the rest of the car after paint correction. I have tons of detailing supplies here at home, but it would take me all day to list all of them. A majority of my collection is made up of Meguiar's products, but I do have some other brands as well.

Here's my wash method and (some of) the products I use:

Rinse - Pressure washer hooked up to de-ionizer system (pretty much necessary here in Indiana to prevent water spots)
Wheels - Wash Soap (Meguiar's Shampoo Plus), Meguiar's Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner, Meguiar's Wheel Brightener (never needed for my wheels), 3 gallon bucket, Wheel Woolies and other assorted brushes.
Foam - Foam cannon, Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II
Hand Wash - Two 3 gallon buckets and a wash mitt, wash soap, and sometimes a small soft-bristle brush for intricate areas.
Rinse
Sealant - CarPro Hydro2 (touchless sealant, easy to apply)
Rinse
Dry - Blow Drier

I then dress the tires with Meguiar's M40 which is a water based dressing that we use on exteriors and interiors. It's not a very widely known dressing compared to some of the other ones, but it works really well. I don't like using solvent based dressings because they are oily and difficult to remove during the washing phase. I also dry out the jambs with a towel combined with Meguiar's Last Touch detail spray.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I also like water based tire dressings as I like the Satin / Matte like finish with no dressing sling.
I like
Chemical Guys Silk Shine
Chemical Guys VRP
Adam's Polishes VRT
Jay Leno's Tire and Trim Care.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Wagner Thermo Quiet Brake pads huh, cool tip. I don't drive fast unless I'm at the track which I only go down there a few times during the spring summer and fall. I also maintain wash each week or if it didn't get very dirty every other week but usually once a week. I also can wash my wheel and tires with just car shampoo. I never use wheel cleaner or tire cleaner. Unless I want to remove the current tire dressing or there are times I use Tire Armor. Tire Armor is nice if you don't enjoy dressing your tires, it stays on for 4-6 months easy. It's kinda boring though as I actually enjoy dressing and using different products to get a slight different result. I don't however like the higher shine dressings.
I also use a spray wax or a paste to help repellants dirty and grime. It's so nice as this is what keeps things not sticking on my wheels. I usually start with a Ceramic coating first and then top it with a spray or paste topper about once a month.
Never ever do I ever spray tire dressing of any kind on my tires. I use the same exact Sponge you have. Those things last for years and years. I'll have to check that stuff out, Optimum Tire dressing. Thanks again for the tip. I never tried that stuff out. I do however gets years out of a bottle of dressing. I do it exactly has you do and store my sponges upwards.
American buffing, I'm gonna check them out when I need new ones. Mine is probably 3 years old and is basically like new.

.... American buffing, I'm gonna check them out when I need new ones. Mine is probably 3 years old and is basically like new.
Don't bother. Shortly after I made that video, they were bombarded with request and apparently, they were a one-man show. He couldn't handle the demand and got pissed at all the business he picked up. I don't even think he's in business anymore. 🤦‍♀️

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Ok , those things last like forever anyway. I probably paid a few more bucks for them but I'm ok with that as they seem not to wear out.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.