Charger Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,842 Posts
Spray coatings are good, they can last a good long time with toppers. I like to use a topper after every wash. I think it retains the shine and slickness. I just use things like Griots Garage Ceramic Detail spray , Adam's polishes CS3 or Adam's polishes Graphene Detail spray.
I use Adams polishes Car Shampoo which is a neutral car wash shampoo and my favorite one out of all the ones I have tried.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The OP is only using a "topper". The OP is not using a true ceramic coating... one where you would top it off every few months. It's simply an every day spray on sealant.
With the one application, it did last from April to mid winter. It was still beading water in Dec for sure.
Some of the videos on Youtube had it lasting over a year, so I wanted to test it out. My results show it does protect for more than 6 months, but I think what killed it for me was the snow/salt.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used to clay, polish, and wax my 1991 MGM with Maguires. I used to leave the car under a car cover when not in use.

I switched to ceramic. I no longer have to leave the car covered. I drove it in the rain yesterday :)

Put three layers of ceramic on and called it a day.

Did ceramic to my 93 F-150 and it is in the sun 24/7. Looks better than ever.

If you are doing it on a non-new car, then I would recommend: wash, clay, polish, wax, ceramic.

Outperform any wax for far-longer.

Stuff is legit and game changer . Can put on headlights and never worry about fade.

Can put on plastic and not worry about white out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts