Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I purchased a complete Daytona grille for my R/T today, but it came with no instructions. Has anyone replaced the whole grille on their Charger yet? If so I would appreciate a copy or maybe a website with instructions. I did search this topic and couldn"t find anything. Thanks in advance. Jason.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have the instructions but i don't have a scanner, if i can't get them scanned in...i can send you the instructions in mail.....let me know how quickly you need it, i may have a definite answer for you in a bit.....wife is calling sister in law.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Godaddy, I was looking to do it this weekend. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey i will have it scanned in tonight just give me an email - i will be able to hook you up in about 2 hours. :rockon:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmm... do you think you might be able to dish a copy my direction? Seeing as you'll have it right there and everything... :whistle:

That will be the first mod I plan on doing.

[email protected]

Big huge hemi-like thanks. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey jt you have a scanner...i am about to blow my sisterinlaws to freaking china...what i can do is overnight this to you and then you can scan it in for everyone or i can send to someone who has scanner...let me know by the morning and i can get it out for sat. through the post office.....this damn scanner is a piece of s*&t!!! but i want to help you all out so someone get back with me...pm your address and it is out first thing in morning to your house.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ok latest update....i have tried to take pics using my digital camera...i think they came out pretty good so i will send those and you guys can check them out and see if that will work....sorry, if this scanner was working i would be done with this already.

hey jt tried to send to your email it rejected me for some reason. do you have another one or is your inbox full? fyi - i use yahoo so i can send and recieve up to 10mb if you have a yahoo account that would be cake for me.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Actually the original grill can be removed from the car without removing the entire front facia.

If you look at the instructions where it shows how to remove the grill from the facia, there are 4 phillips head screws and 4 plastic tabs holding it in the facia.

If you remove the upper covers between the rad support and the front facia, you can get your hands behind the grill.

You can then remove these 4 screws with a right angle phillips.

I use a 1/4" drive socket with a phillips bit socket.

The outer ones are a little tough to get at, but it will save you from removing and damaging the entire facia.

After you have the 4 screws out, you can them press down on the tabs and release the grill from the car.

Just do the opposite to re-install after the new insert is installed in your grill.

This will eliminate steps 1-11!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have I mentioned how much I love ChargerForums.com?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is how it's all supposed to work. Thanks people.

·
Registered
244 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey jt tried to send to your email it rejected me for some reason. do you have another one or is your inbox full? fyi - i use yahoo so i can send and recieve up to 10mb if you have a yahoo account that would be cake for me.
It looks like JT put a period at the end of his e-mail address, that is probably for the sentence, but not for his e-mail address but it got caught in the link. Remove the "." at the end and try it again.

Tomas.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
damn you autoguy...where were you about two weeks ago i did the whole thing like a robot....lol....oh well that is why we post...to learn and sometimes learn the easier way....also thanks thomas didn't catch that.

have a good day gentlemen i am off today so i am going to do some driving around with my daughter for absolutely no reason other than to show the car off!

·
Registered
608 Posts
GoDaddy said:
damn you autoguy...where were you about two weeks ago i did the whole thing like a robot....lol....oh well that is why we post...to learn and sometimes learn the easier way....also thanks thomas didn't catch that.

have a good day gentlemen i am off today so i am going to do some driving around with my daughter for absolutely no reason other than to show the car off!
You are a lucky fellow GoDaddy :)

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
bstowers said:
I updated the page with your tip, autoguy. Thanks.

I'm sure (I hope) that from there you then know to follow steps 15-20 for the install of the insert, and then re-install the grill into the facia.

It is a little tricky to get at the side screws, but I still think it is a better way than what they tell you.

I have done a bunch of Chargers with the Billet grills, and it takes me less that an hour to remove the old grill and install the bumper insert and new grill.

Their instructions are a typical example of why you would be charged 3 hours labor if you had the dealer do this for you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do love this forum! Everyone here is awesome. GoDaddy, my DSL has not been working at home. I just moved and it screwed up my DSL. I guess you don't need to e-mail it now anyways. Thanks. If anyone needs any OE parts help let me know, I work at a Chrysler-Jeep dealer in parts. Mopar to ya!
Jason.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The grille is on, and so is the spoiler. It looks great. Thanks everyone. Jason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Removing the front facia... help!!!

i have the instructions but i don't have a scanner, if i can't get them scanned in...i can send you the instructions in mail.....let me know how quickly you need it, i may have a definite answer for you in a bit.....wife is calling sister in law.
Hi...

GoDaddy, you think you could email me the information on how to remove the front facia?

[email protected]

Thanks in advance... :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I tried to check out the link for the instructions, but the link says the account is suspended.....does anyone else have this info or can they post or send me an email to: [email protected]
Thanks in advance!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts