Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A next door neighbor knocked on my door to tell me my var was vandalized. 1st I was told that my window was only busted, but I get out there and see why the window was busted, MY HOOD IS MISSING. So somebody is driving around with a charger with my hood. Wont be too hard to spot it. LOCK DOWN YOUR HOODS EVEN WITH AN ALARM.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sorry to hear this. What kind of hood?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
sorry didn't catch that...Again really sorry

·
Registered
857 Posts
That takes some audacity! Was the car parked in a secluded spot?

·
Registered
415 Posts
sorry for your loss...crappy way to start the day

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
WTF......Did your alarm go off? (does the alarm go off when someone smashes a window?) Sounds like they had planned this for some time. The thing that would worry me is that they are very willing to SMASH a window and stick around to steal a hood.....Obviousley had a truck, I would bet that someone who drives buy your home each evening is the culprit, not that they have a charger, just wanted to make a buck off you.......KEEP YOUR HOUSE locked up, like I said sounds like their ballsy.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine got broken into the first night I got it. Fortunately they didn't have to break anything as i left it unlocked, DUH! but they did break one of my A/C vents.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Mine got broken into the first night I got it. Fortunately they didn't have to break anything as i left it unlocked, DUH! but they did break one of my A/C vents.
<Charger left unlocked...Thats 10 demarits:)>

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happened in MD, I dont think the factory alarm goes off from glass breakage. They took a screwdriver of some sort and wedged it between the window glass and along the side and broke it that way, so no noise. I will be getting an alarm and locking the hood down. I never thought I'd be worrying about a missing hood. You cant have anything.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
How do you Lock your hood down??

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Good to know, THANKS!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
That's really messed up. Takes some audacity to take something like that. A hood lock isn't a bad idea. If you create a solution, post a write up

·
Registered
789 Posts
Stole your hood? WTF? You must live in NYC.
or apparently FL according to mf..1.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Some ppl are just born degenerates.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Lo/Jack & Viper

Go with a Viper alarm to protect the car from vandalism. Then go with a Lo/Jack system to have your local police track the car if its ever stolen by a flatbed truck.

Viper alarm:

$349.95

Lo/Jack:

$600.00 for the basic package
$995.00 for early warning

Worth the money if you want to keep your car.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts