Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be picking up a 2013 Charger R/T AWD on Monday. Its Silver with the red/black interior. Im trying to figure out what I want to do to break up some of the silver..I saw a R/T stripe(looks like the old style R/T stripes from the 60's) that looked cool...also wanted to do something up front like maybe the fender stripes or something...not too much to make it busy but just to break up the all silver.

Any suggestions or pics would be helpful/cool.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
yeah I read that I was thinking for me probably Black or the grey color I dont think the Blue would go well with my red 2 tone interior :) . Though with a black interior id consider blue :)
I know, but there's a lot of good ideas in that thread. You just have to adjust for color.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I so wanted a blue / black interior. Sadly not an option.

-Mitch
2014 SXT Plus AWD w/ Sport Appearance Package

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Love the red interior, btw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the red interior, btw.
Yeah im getting pretty excited...I could not find a single 2013 R/T with low miles and AWD anywhere close at a decent price..this one was a good 3 hour drive away(one way) so they agreed to meet me 1/2 way to do the deal which was pretty cool. I also liked the interior and the fact that it only had 10K miles and I got the extended 5/100 bumper to bumper also...was a bit leery of ANY(dont care the make or cost) makers things having to do with electronics...was just worried(since the power train was covered anyways) that when it hit 50,000 the power seats,touch screen,a computer or the AC would go and it would be out of pocket..thats my type of luck lol...now it will be covered (with a $100 deductible) for 5/100K from when I take it in possession.

I just noted looking at it..that it was a full size car and didnt really have a lot to breakup the silver so i thought a tail stripe and fender stripe would do the trick.

I did see a silver one in a local mall parking lot(newer style so 2011-up) and I saw it has for the R/T emblems the cool looking red and black ones(the ones on this just appeared to be all chrome) thought that looked sharp also(hearken back to the old R/T emblems of the 60's)...Other than that I didnt plan to change a lot I liked it as it was...

Also to be honest after looking at the 2015 remake....im glad I got this one..I dont really care much for the new style to be honest...something about that front end...looks like they grafted a FIAT front end onto a Charger..

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I hear you about the electronics. I bought the Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumber (Maxcare).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear you about the electronics. I bought the Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumber (Maxcare).
very cool, i and the wife thought it was best....and I dont care what brand it is BMW,Dodge,Lexus,nissan...they all eventually have something electrical go bad and it NEVER seems to be cheap lol. I just paid $600 for a window motor for a 2006 Hyundai Sonata....right there would have paid for 1/2 the warranty cost....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hate the '15 style, looks like an Audi, they toned down the aggressive look that made me love my 2014.

-Mitch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok, 99% sure thats the tail stripe im going with out back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-u...Parts_Accessories&hash=item416983063a&vxp=mtr

Now for the front what do you think ove come down to 2 things I think would look nice. the fender/warrior stripe(or what ever its actually called ive seen it called both) OR do the hood scallops?

and on a side note with the Billet silver should I go Matte black or maybe even go charcoal for both/either...im just worried in anything but matte black that if I got the tail stripe in charcoal from 1 company then scallops or fender stripe from another in charcoal they could be different shades..??

thoughts?

Oh and with the fender stripes ive seen them with just one on the drviers side and also seen a few cars with them on both sides?/

Opinions on that?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of the warrior stripes so my vote would be scallops. They really make the hood jump at you. Probably matte black.

-Mitch

·
Registered
916 Posts
Nice! Another silver charger to bounce ideas off! Yeah the thread that Mike (a14umbra) posted is basically my schizophrenic mood changing fear of commitment disaster of a thread that eventually shows what I've done with the car. I originally thought blue for the accent color on outside, settled on matte black. Advantage there is you have every option available too you in exact matching color. You can also use Plastidip in matte black and it matches perfectly. That way you can do some custom stuff if you'd like. I went with blue for the interior accent, although you might want to stick with red considering your interior.

I'll try and do concise summation for you here rather than making you go through 47 pages of my endless drivel.....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Started out so fresh and so clean clean

·
Registered
916 Posts
Added hood scallops in matte black

Then dipped my spoiler

Then did some work on the front end, more PD

·
Registered
916 Posts
Only thing left now is the roof, hope that helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes guys that helps a lot. Im going to have to look into that plastidip thing..ive been out of the game so long i dont even know what it is :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Buy it at home depot. Made by performix. Costs 6 bucks a can. It self levels and is removable after it dries. Right in the spray paint aisle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts