Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have trouble with the "Automatic" setting for Brightness NOT dimming the GPS screen at night??

My screen doesn't automatically dim and it's annoying the p**s out of me. I ve to go in and change the setting to "manual", every night.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hmm, is there a light sensor thats blocked by something? The wife sometimes throws her purse onto the dash of her Balzer and blocks the ambient light sensor, which cause the auto headligths to come on, and the dash lights also.

Just tossing stuff out there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
chewman said:
Anyone have trouble with the "Automatic" setting for Brightness NOT dimming the GPS screen at night??

My screen doesn't automatically dim and it's annoying the p**s out of me. I ve to go in and change the setting to "manual", every night.
With Automatic, your screen should dim when your lights are on... if it doesn't check your dimmer next to your headlight switch, it might be in full bright. The gauges and the screen should be on the same switch.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Yeah, what Ron said. In addition to the "interior lights on" position of the dimmer, there's another detented position of the dimmer that has all of the dash lights (including Nav screen) at full bright. One more click down and you're in the smooth movement of the dimmer which is probably where you want to be.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check it out tonight!!! You guys are the best!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts