Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off phone with dealer, got a VIN and D status, the light at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter :) :whistle:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill Pemberton said:
Congrats, and the wait will be worth it!!
Thanks Bill, wish we could have done business, you are highly recommended in the SRT forums.. Just to much political crap for us ordinary joes I guess, Dave

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
camero said:
Just got off phone with dealer, got a VIN and D status, the light at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter :) :whistle:
Hope it's not an oncoming train!!! :lol: JK!! It's all good. Breathe deep! Mike

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Congrats on the VIN! I hope to have mine by 2009! :grin:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AZCHARGER said:
Congrats on the VIN! I hope to have mine by 2009! :grin:
Lol, well I hope you get it in 2005 :grin:

·
Registered
253 Posts
camero said:

Good Gawd man. I guess I"m gonna have to take my rep out for a steak dinner or something. I ordered my Daytona Friday August 5th and on Tuesday the 9th was in D status and Then on the 11th I have a vin#. Man I really hope Ya'lls gets here soon and I guess I really do owe her BIG time. Gods speed on all your charger!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My Charger was OK'ed as a good build by final inspection on August 5th and sent to storage.
It was released for shipping on Aug 10th and as of today it still waiting to be loaded on a train. On the 10th they said delivery would be within 12 days. Today they say it could be 2-3 weeks!
I'm starting to get angry!
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

·
Registered
245 Posts
maneval69 said:
My Charger was OK'ed as a good build by final inspection on August 5th and sent to storage.
It was released for shipping on Aug 10th and as of today it still waiting to be loaded on a train. On the 10th they said delivery would be within 12 days. Today they say it could be 2-3 weeks!
I'm starting to get angry!
Be patient you will be well rewarded my son LOL..... I wish I would have waited for the Daytona :plain: I just could not wait..... so I cannot imagine what youre going through.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hey fella's, can I get some sympathy here. All I have is a WTBO number. That's "Waiting To Be Ordered". AAAAAAHHHHH!! I'm feeling much better now. :twisted: Have a good night guys! Mike :biggrin:

·
Registered
253 Posts
mmaloy said:
Hey fella's, can I get some sympathy here. All I have is a WTBO number. That's "Waiting To Be Ordered". AAAAAAHHHHH!! I'm feeling much better now. :twisted: Have a good night guys! Mike :biggrin:

Well thats better than WWLMO # (Wife Wont Let Me Order#)lol :grin:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
With any luck, my car should have shipped today. I'll have to call first thing in the morning.....

Good luck man, first Daytona we ordered June 8th or 9th I think has been sitting at vender for over a week getting decals! Hope yours got through!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am also going nuts! Ordered my R/T on July 5th, BX status on July 20...still no VIN. I am really hating life right now!!!

Tomas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hang in there everyone. This car is well worth the wait!! My Daytona was
ordered on June 8, 2005 and in my garage on July 27, 2005. 49 days of
agonizing anxiety.

June 8th....................ordered
June 13th...................D
June 20th...................Built
June 21st to 25th........Shipped to vendor :confused:
June 25th to July 5th...Vendors for decals
July 5th to July 18th.....Riding the rail from Michigan to Massachusetts
July 18th to July 25th...Gathered dust at railyard in Massachusetts
July 26th....................Delivered to dealer
July 27th....................Parked in my garage :rockon:

I was lucky, my salesman told me up front not to order the protection package, which has saved me a lot of extra anxiety.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
hemibates said:
Well thats better than WWLMO # (Wife Wont Let Me Order#)lol :grin:
I can't argue with that man. You win!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
With any luck, my car should have shipped today. I'll have to call first thing in the morning.....
Good luck Crazy. I'm sure it will. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
06DayRT said:
Hang in there everyone. This car is well worth the wait!! My Daytona was
ordered on June 8, 2005 and in my garage on July 27, 2005. 49 days of
agonizing anxiety.

June 8th....................ordered
June 13th...................D
June 20th...................Built
June 21st to 25th........Shipped to vendor :confused:
June 25th to July 5th...Vendors for decals
July 5th to July 18th.....Riding the rail from Michigan to Massachusetts
July 18th to July 25th...Gathered dust at railyard in Massachusetts
July 26th....................Delivered to dealer
July 27th....................Parked in my garage :rockon:

I was lucky, my salesman told me up front not to order the protection package, which has saved me a lot of extra anxiety.
June 28....... ordered
July11th....... dropped protection group
July 12th.......D status and VIN assigned
July 25th.......D1 scheduled for production the first week in Aug.
Aug 4th........J Built - Inspection passed
Aug 6th........JS shipped to storage
Aug 10th.......KZL Released - not shipped
And I wait

It baffles me that it can take a 20 days to ship a car.
________
AFRODITA

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
That has to be horrible knowing your car is built and is just out there somewhere, waiting for you. It's almost enough to make a guy drive out and meet the train...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I guess the more I think about it, as far as DCX is concerned the car has been sold once they invoice the dealer. That happened right before being released for shipping. So, from that point the dealer is responsible, but is incapable of doing anything about it (teamsters pretty much controls that). And you wonder why jobs are going overseas. I bet there is a union contract making it impossible to stream line the shipping process because that would mean getting rid of people.
Now it's up to you as to whether that is good or bad.
________
Wiki vaporizer

1 - 20 of 34 Posts