Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tire pressure warning light came on in my R/T this morning. Since I only have the basic system, I had to check the pressure in all four tires. The left front tire was 3 pounds low: after adding air to the recommended pressure, the light went out. :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i love the tire pressure sensors....had a flat (ran over a huge piece of metal in the road...it was tire or run into somebody...took the tire out) and then when we got a burst of cool air the tire pressure dropped in all 4 tires and set it off...filled it up to specs and away i went.

·
Registered
262 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i love the tire pressure sensors....had a flat (ran over a huge piece of metal in the road...it was tire or run into somebody...took the tire out) and then when we got a burst of cool air the tire pressure dropped in all 4 tires and set it off...filled it up to specs and away i went.
This is a tall order.... anyone know the part number for the screw on retainers that hold the tire pressure sensors onto the rim??? I bought four sensors but they don't come with the threaded nuts..... I am preparing a second set of tires and wheels for the winter.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoDaddy said:
...and then when we got a burst of cool air the tire pressure dropped in all 4 tires and set it off...filled it up to specs and away i went.
I think cooler air is what set mine off: it has been between 65 degrees and 95 degrees since I got the car, and last night was the first time the temperature dipped below 65. Got in the car this morning, and the light went on right away.

By the way, the sensor is VERY sensitive: using a dial type tire gauge to fill the tire to spec (30 lbs.), and I still got the light. A second gauge (the cheap straight read kind) read 28 lbs. Filled the tire up to 30 lbs. using the second gauge, and the light went out.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah...i have the "cheap" version for my tire fill....the digitals are cool but i am just worried they may screw up or not read correctly....you have kind of proved that to me....and i was the same.....got in car and beep...i was like come on and then realized it was tires and it had dropped considerably in temp overnight.....i too am use to 90 to 105 degree weather on a regular basis.

·
Registered
262 Posts
GoDaddy said:
have you tried calling the guys at www.leeparts.com or maybe www.moparsupercenter.com

they may be able to help you man.....that is all i can say for ya on that one. good luck on that search, if you find anything post back.
I haven't tried anyone yet..... but hope to on Monday.. I will post what I find out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts