Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Finished pictures tomorrows..

From plastic to Fantastic.Group buy coming soon starting at around $600.00

Folks, the response has been huge!!! After speaking with everyone here we only figured maybe a few people woudl have interest. We based our price on maybe a handful of folks wanting these. However after the PM's emails and phone calls asking us how can I give you my money. We have to rethink a bit. I was able to purchase a drop for 10 to get to the prices we we came up with. However, before I begin, I can almost hear you guys saying rut row, when is the other shoe going to drop LOL. Well lets get right to the details.

Starting Friday July 10, 2009 from the hours of 9:00 A.M. EST to 9:00 PM EST you will be able to purchase the BT valve covers for the following prices:

A. Machine finish as shown: $625
B. Anodize: add $95
C. Polished: add $100
D. Designer cut on anodize: add $130

For examble: Say the customer wants their machined valve covers to be polished then anodized. The price would be $625+100+95 for a total of $820
Another example the customer wants red anodize and a designer cutA the price would be $625+130 for a total of $755
Want just polished: $625+$100 the total would be $725.

I think you guys get the idea.

Now when the introductory price ends at 9:00 PM EST on July 10, 2009. The prices for this item will be as follows:

A. Machine finish as shown: $780
B. Anodize: add $95
C. Polished: add $100
D. Designer cut on anodize: add $130

The coil pack price (with pics) will be posted within the day. You will be able to purchase this as an add on to the valve covers, or for those of you that still want a great look and you don't have the change to for the complete package we are looking out for you too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Holy chit!!! Those are gonna be one fine look piece of work!!!!!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'll have to check these out tonight ... photobucket won't show on my work PC ... :(

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
WOW! That is a beauty.

C.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
WOW! how much $$ ?
according to the post they will be $600.00, which sounds high, but these are billet i believe and i saw sum other billet ones last week for $900.00 and the moroso covers are friggn high too! These look like total replacements and not covers...see the drilled holes around the flange for the bolts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I was looking at that but due to the height vs oem and no holes for the coils I was thinking an overlay.
The finished pics will be here tomorrow with the coil packs added. They wont be flat like you see in the first pics, but identical to the moroso covers, but MUCH cleaner!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I guess it helps to read the fine print, lol. I saw the price on LX but missed it here. Thanks!:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Any of you going to LX and Beyond can see them in person.I will have a set on my car.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Erik, forget your car, when will they be on Wendy's :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Why not improve the cover since you are recreating it? How about the ability to remove all coil packs at once by the removal of the top of the valve cover? In other words, a two piece cover. The top part would be removable. We could more quickly check for a broken spring or even change spark plugs with a modification to the cover like this.

C.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Why not improve the cover since you are recreating it? How about the ability to remove all coil packs at once by the removal of the top of the valve cover? In other words, a two piece cover. The top part would be removable. We could more quickly check for a broken spring or even change spark plugs with a modification to the cover like this.

C.
That would require some way to seal the coil cover to the valve cover ...

Lincoln had something similar on the 3.9L in the LS and they had lots of problems with water getting into the spark plug holes and shorting out coils / causing misfires ...

It's a great idea, but requires great engineering and high-quality parts to make it happen right ... BT has both, but would we be willing to pay the added $$ ?

BT guys, any idea how much more something like that might add ? :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
That would require some way to seal the coil cover to the valve cover ...

Lincoln had something similar on the 3.9L in the LS and they had lots of problems with water getting into the spark plug holes and shorting out coils / causing misfires ...

It's a great idea, but requires great engineering and high-quality parts to make it happen right ... BT has both, but would we be willing to pay the added $$ ?

BT guys, any idea how much more something like that might add ? :)
They are going to add the bolt holes to mount the coil packs on these covers. They would seal the same way the stockers do. If the top "cover" of the valve cover could be unbolted with say 6 screws, then all of the coil packs would come off with the top half of the valve cover. There would be no need to unbolt each coil pack and then the valve cover to get a peak at the valve springs. In the case of changing the plugs, just unbolt the 6 screws on the top of the valve cover and all of the coil packs would come off together, still attached to the top half of the valve cover. Am I missing something?

Plan B might be to make the top cover bigger with spark plug holes on top. If the cover was big enough, we could hide the coil packs under what could look like the old style hemi valve cover. Just some ideas.

C.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts