Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the flash tuning service by B and G, and i believe you have to send in the PCM. So i got an extra one, pretty cheap, and it works :) I could probably sell it on ebay and make $100 bucks, but i was wondering if the flash is worth it? It's $350?

2005-2010 2.7L V-6 “300/Charger/Magnum” Premium fuel & (MBT) timing curves, 7000 rev limit, cooler fan on temp, 140 mph limit, modified torque management

Has anyone had this done on a 2.7L and what are the risks?

Best regards,
Markus

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There was lots of talk about it before the Predator was released. The B&G flash is right now the only real option for the 2.7.

http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/ - a little more than halfway down that horrible looking page is the Dodge car section. Notice they list the 2.7 but not the 3.5 anymore (jumps to the 3.7 in the Jeeps). Guess Diablo stole their thunder. :D

B&G does a lot of tuning for the Mercedes market, and lists themselves as the official tuner for Arrington.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
LOL if you can get a 2.7L to go 140mph, good luck! I would be impressed, i found it tough to get a 3.5 to 125mph...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
There was lots of talk about it before the Predator was released. The B&G flash is right now the only real option for the 2.7.

http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/ - a little more than halfway down that horrible looking page is the Dodge car section. Notice they list the 2.7 but not the 3.5 anymore (jumps to the 3.7 in the Jeeps). Guess Diablo stole their thunder. :D

B&G does a lot of tuning for the Mercedes market, and lists themselves as the official tuner for Arrington.
Actually it still does if you scroll down a litter lower, its listed with the 2.7, 3.5, and 5.7 motors

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bump for more info...anyone tried this?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I have seen the flash tuning service by B and G, and i believe you have to send in the PCM. So i got an extra one, pretty cheap, and it works :) I could probably sell it on ebay and make $100 bucks, but i was wondering if the flash is worth it? It's $350?

2005-2010 2.7L V-6 “300/Charger/Magnum” Premium fuel & (MBT) timing curves, 7000 rev limit, cooler fan on temp, 140 mph limit, modified torque management

Has anyone had this done on a 2.7L and what are the risks?

Best regards,
Markus
if the torque management is the same thing as the predator transmission adjustment (where it prevents the engine from pulling timing during shifts) then to me that alone would be worth it.

the 140mph limit.... not that big of a deal. the predator raises it to 170... on public roads, pointless.

premium fuel and timing changes..... to me another point that would be worth it. if they are gonna allow you to run 93, and adjust the timing to run 93..... on that alone you will gain power. advancing timing is a good thing....(within reason)

7k rev limit.... i think the v6's already do like 6500 or 6800 when accelerating. may or may not be useful depending on where the powerband stops making power for the mods you have.

also, if you have a few mods, naturally it would make it better.

but also realize tuning.....will NOT turn your 2.7 into a 3.5 power wise.... just the same as the predator doesnt make a 3.5 into a 5.7 power wise.

theres been MANY people on here that expect TOO DARN MUCH from mods, and end up disappointed afterwards and tend to trash said mods.

a 2.7 to a 3.5 (crank power wise) theres a deficit of 60hp
a 3.5 to a 5.7 there is a deficit of 90hp.

tuning alone will NOT bridge either of those gaps.

will it make the car a bit more enjoyable for what it is???? no dobut.:bigthumb:

but will it turn larry king into lou ferrigno..... prob not.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for that info Samoan Tsunami!

·
Registered
465 Posts
i should be getting this done in the next couple weeks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts