Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Got to the track tonight (or last night and this morning)
My best run.
60' 2.187
330' 6.166
1/8 9.357 MPH 77.06
1000' 12.114
1/4 14.425 @ 96.74 MPH
Temp was 82
Elevation 211'

I will scan the slips tomorrow and see if they are legible.
________
WEB SHOWS

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very respectable time as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps I missed it in your other posts but what performance mods have you done up until now...and what comes next?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also forgot to ask what rpm did you launch at? Was traction on/off? Did you leave car in drive or put in first gear and let it shift itself or did you shift manually?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BSUfanatic said:
I also forgot to ask what rpm did you launch at? Was traction on/off? Did you leave car in drive or put in first gear and let it shift itself or did you shift manually?
I was giving it as much gas as I could with out spinning on the start line. The rpm holds at about 2200 rpm unless it spins. I was noticing that the car has a slight bog or hesitation when I go from about 80% throttle to 100%. I am assuming this is the computer changing to WOT programming but that's just a guess. The best time was run by holding the gas pedal at about 75% and flooring it before I released the brake to launch.
One run it broke loose and I had to lift off the gas to get it to stick. It got a little sideways and I was waiting for the ABS to kick in but it did not. I ended up with a 16.172 @ 93.16 MPH on that run.
The 14.425 is in the second two runs jpg. CAR #432
________
Hotwildsexy69

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I left the car in 1st gear and let it shift.
I turned traction control OFF (accept once and it activated cost about 2 tenths)
________
Vitta live

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I`ll be going to the track once my car breaks-in!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
4drhtrd, you by chance know a guy named troy through the impala club? he is in his early 20's, has a BUILT impalla and a lifted AV?

He lives in south chandler...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
4DRHTRD said:
Yup Troy is an awesome guy.
:)

Mike
Tell him to call "Grey" if he wants the gauge cluster....:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
maneval69 said:
I left the car in 1st gear and let it shift.
I turned traction control OFF (accept once and it activated cost about 2 tenths)
Excellent, very helpful, posts, maneval.

One item not addressed here was tire pressure. Did you lower your rear tire pressure any? Over-inflate the fronts?

FWIW, some of the SRT8 guys are finding 22psi to be their preferred rear tp for the quarter. My guess with the 5.7 is that it may a bit higher, 24 or 25psi but haven't had time to try it.

I'd be interested in your further comments/results.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Meister said:
What tire pressure were you running, maneval? 22-24psi, rear, and pretty high in the fronts may be a good starting place.
Thanks,
I did not adjust the tire pressure at all. They where all at 35psi.
I am going to take a pump or a tank next time.
I did not think I would have that much problem with traction.
________
Sallyl

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine spins even with 26 psi in the back tires. Hoping to run a 9.0 1/8 and 11.55 1000' this weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts