Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I took my car to the dealer for an Oil change and i remembered how they were non hesistant to do the "srt-8 TCM reflash" on my last silver R/T (which i noticed a nice difference) so I asked them to do it to the sublime.

Got the car back, 1-2 shift snaps right in gear instead of a delay but the car accelerates alot slower with lag then before both in drive and autostick. Ive already tried pulling fuses with no luck. I have plans to bring it back and they are going to flash it again, is there a certain flash # or something I should ask for?

If nothing works, will a tuner fix this issue eventually when I get one?

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
If the TCM reflash involved resetting the PCM in any way or removing the battery power at some point, then maybe you should wait until the PCM relearns things to deal with the Orlando atmospheric conditions? Give it a bit of driving across all types of scenarios (low throttle, open throttle, low speed/high power, high speed/low power, etc.) so the PCM can map all the adaptations necessary to achieve the desired air/fuel ratio for the Orlando air.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Not sure, but I thought any Sublime (because of the manufactured date) would have already had the latest TCM version coming out of the factory. I don't think trying to flash it is going to help anything.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You have to remember that the TCM software is probably different partly because the gearing in the SRT is different than the R/T. The software expects the hardware to react differently that it does on your car.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Actually there is a flash specific to each model and should only be able to downloaded into the correct model. So if you got a flash on your Daytona, you got the right one.

As TTA mentioned, give it a little time to relearn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts