Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered a chin spoiler off of ebay

I open the package and first off I open it to 3 spiders that looks like there the most pissed off and poisonous spiders in the world..

When I seen this somethin in my mind triggered i got screwed

So I open the package and the chin spoiler has visible spots missin i dont know if they are scratches or missed paints, nicks or what but they are visible

I am thinking of just painting it matte black or flat black anyone know what type of paint I should use?

·
Registered
727 Posts

I open the package and first off I open it to 3 spiders that looks like there the most pissed off and poisonous spiders in the world..

So I open the package and the chin spoiler has visible spots missin i dont know if they are scratches or missed paints, nicks or what but they are visible

I am thinking of just painting it matte black or flat black anyone know what type of paint I should use?
I wouldnt do nothin but try and get my money back!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
He probably just added the spiders for security purposes in case someone tried to peek in your package.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
How did you pay? If you paid with Paypal, you can file the SNAD claim with them. You will need to ship the item back to the seller, with an online verifiable method of tracking. When the item shows delivered, Paypal will refund you your original payment (item + shipping). They will not refund your return shipping.

If you paid by any other means, then file the SNAD claim with eBay.

SNAD--significantly not as described

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah I am not goin to go through all that trouble

I mean it looks half decent just like 4 or 5 little scratches I just was goin to paint it

for one it wouldnt be hard
and 2 paint wuldnt cost much

i would just have to touch it up a little

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
You should at least leave accurate feedback via the DSR star for Item As Described and you should also mention the scratches in the feedback that you leave. If the scratches weren't mentioned, you did not get what you paid for.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I agree. Leave appropriate feedback, even if they do leave a neutral or negative feedback. on your reply, just state the facts... my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i did thanks guys

and it cant be hard to paint a chin spoiler lol?
a baby could do that

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If they are not big spots or scratches I wouldnt worry about going through the hassle of repainting. Just tell people it was a rock chip....:silenced:

Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Pimp -
Just to put things in perspective. Even if you took it to a body shop to get painted, it would only be about 50 bucks for them to sand it down, primer, and a few coats of flat black paint. So if you are doubting your own skills. I say take it to pros.
I'm sure I could have done the parts in my engine bay. But why chance it? I had the pros do it all for only $160 (for manifold, CAI, and coolant tank).
Chase

·
Registered
236 Posts
for accurate advice.....

dude, post pics of the spiders!!!! ok, so it has nothing to do with advice, but im sure eveyone wants to see these killer spiders!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I saw the negative feedback you left for MoPower, did you try to PM him on here?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

Pimp, what in the world makes you think that your spoiler was supposed to come painted?? All of these parts on ebay come in a black gelcoat finish that gets scuffed easily from stacking them on the shelf, it must be sanded, primed and painted with a quality automotive paint just like any other car part. If you had any questions about this, you should have asked them before buying it, or at the very least had the decency to contact me before leaving negative feedback, and I would have been happy to work it out with you. You obviously didn't want to return it either, just leave me negative feedback, and now talk trash 6 weeks later about this stupidity. I've never screwed anybody, but you sure seem to have it out to get me for some reason... Maybe you are working for a spoiler company. As far as the spiders...sounds rediculous

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
I've seen MoPower's products first hand.. I even assisted in the installation of one of his Magnum chin spoilers. I saw the front of it, the back of it, the seals, the nuts, the bolts.......... There wasn't anything about this product that I would consider below excellent.

I have the packaging he sent the chin spoiler in sitting in my garage. The box was in good enough condition that I thought I might be able to reuse it if I ever needed to ship something that large. Also, there was a PLETHORA of packaging material that kept the chin spoiler safe and snug during the shipping process and not a single creepy crawly to be found.

Don't let one unfortunate misunderstanding deter anyone from picking up on one of his many awesome parts.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a colormatched (unless they ship in flat silver now? lol) MoPower chin spoiler I installed myself. Flawless piece of work. The [email protected] thing got to me looking like a bow from a 16 foot tall Zelda statue, with frickin' LUMBER attached to the ends to prevent bowing (no pun... okay, pun intended) and enough other packing material to make a Pee-Wee's Playhouse-esque ball of paper.

As far as spiders, I didn't have any and I'm jealous that PimpLay may have gotten free pets. Those could have come from anywhere on the trip though. I'm not really buying that he somehow coerced them back into the box and sealed it up in some sort of eye-for-an-eye move. I'm the one from Texas and I can't even herd our three cats.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
im not taking sides but why would anybody make up some spiders coming out of the box type of sh**? spiders coudve easily gotten inside the box.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts