Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

New poster here. Got my R/T last week and love it. It came with the trunk lid tail and a custom polished aluminum dash kit that looks very nice. The few mods I've done (I'm probably through, I think):

Legal dark tint on the windows, removed the resonators (they are HUGE, way up into the fender wells) replace with pipe and the existing tips for $60 at a local muffler shop. I'm a little worried about back pressure reduction if I replace the kidney muffler with a FlowMaster or comp. I want to read and research a little more before replacing the muffler. I did notice when it was on the lift that it does come with a factory crossover, very nice... Also, I went and ordered 2 more of the trunk lid R/T stickers and placed then below the hemi emblems on the sides. Looks very nice.

I'll try and upload some pics. I've only seen two other Chargers in town so far, one Orange Daytona and one White 3.5. It seems every kid with a "Rice Burner with a gargantuan obnoxious tailpipe wants to race..."

If there are additional owners in Dallas, let me know.

DallasRT

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi and welcome. Get used to the ricers with the huge tailpipes.They never stop. Please poet pics of your car.I want to do the same thing with the R/T badges.

·
Registered
331 Posts
DallasRT said:
It came with the trunk lid tail and a custom polished aluminum dash kit that looks very nice.
Congrats on the new ride! I'd love to see some picks of the aluminum dash kit when you get a chance. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey dallas r/t....welcome and i will be in dallas for the nascar race first weekend in nov. want to race? hehe, hope i see ya on the road.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice ride....nice ride indeed!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
love the dash kit....man that area above the glove box is screeming for a charger emblem of some kind. love the r/t on the side. very nice man.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great idea GoDaddy...

Wow...I got to put my thinking cap on. Maybe an old Red R/T badge with the red inserted paint from a '69 or '70 in that large aluminum blank spot. Closer to the passenger door. Hmmm... I'm thinking eBay may be seling me an old R/T badge... What do you think?

Thanks -

DallasRT

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
charger emblem (old or new - just make sure you can put 3m tape on it) paint it inferno red, the red r/t would also give it a little more zip. full of ideas man, not enough car to put them all on. :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Another dash kit Go Daddy....I'm telling ya...GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
Another dash kit Go Daddy....I'm telling ya...GO FOR IT!
lmao, i probably will. have alot of installs this week...putting on the mopar cai tomorrow (ups - you better show up early - are you listening?)....hood struts go on probably tues or weds (ups decides)...still waiting on confirmation for some more engine details. and then the brake calipers need to be painted blue......and on and on.......i will find the time for the inside. :happy:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hope to get my CAI this week also.Getting the Mopar one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way, here's my other ride, a Pontiac Lemans 455. I've built this engine up slowly with all the right stuff. These aren't the latest pics, it doesn't include the headers, wheels & tires or the other beef loaded under the hood. It's my wifes high school car, her family is the original owners. It's pushing 560 horsepower and still remains king of the garage. Sorry for the large size pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm not trying to rain on everyones parade, but putting an aluminum plate, or badges on the pasenger side panel might not be a good idea.

Think about this...What happens when the air bag goes off?
Do those parts become projectiles?

I'd really check into this before mounting anything there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm.. . When I pick up the plates next week, I'll ask the dealer. They are the ones who installed the dash kit. I'll get their take on the projectile possibility. Definitely something to look into. Thanks Waited37

DallasRT

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah i had posted that somewhere else....basically charger emblem would look cool but OUCH if the airbag goes off the pass. side. let us know what the dealership says....b/c i really don't see where the airbag deploys from on the pass side.

and oh sweet pics of the lemans - looks like it would "hurt" to drive that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ok... Talked to the dealer. The Airbag splits the dashboard above the glove box at the seam. The dashkit is on the upper part of the airbag split and becomes part of the upper flap when the airbag deploys. He says it should not become shrapnel in the case of deployment. Still not too sure I trust the advise unless the dealer is willing to sit in the passenger seat when it deploys. I will take it to another dealer and see what they say.

I've attached 2 external pictures in the daylight hours... Thanks for all the feedback and posts.

DallasRT

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
yes the air bag splits apart on the passenger side. My dash kit is 2 separate pieces on the dash where the airbag is.It will split apart if it deploys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts