Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my new awesome dual colored halos in yesterday and i must say, i am impressed.. i cant wait to swap out my current 10k flashtech halos with these new bullet style dual colored halos that steve engineered. im also gonna paint the inside of my headlight housings black, well they are already black for the most part but im gonna paint the outer chrome bezel parts so everything blends in well. i also had steve pre-paint the halos pcb boards black for me as well. heres the sneak peeks of my new project. gonna install these this upcoming weekend since it does require a few hours.

so how do you like them and what do you think?

not sure how i want to wire them up yet, but im thinkin i might try something cool....

THANKS AGAIN FLASHTECH, YOU GUYS ROCK AND LOVE THE PRODUCTS AND THE GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!

YOU GUYS SHOULD MAKE ME AN AUTHORIZED INSTALLER FOR THE FLORIDA AREA.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Looking good. Can't wait to see them installed.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Do they seem as bright as your current flastech's when they are on as just white or is there a noticable difference?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Looking good Marcus!! I'm not sure the multi color are for me. I need to see them in person. I look forward to seeing them installed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
they look sick! i'd have to see them in person before i bought them tho

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
WHOA!!! Those are pretty sick, cant wait to see pics of them on the car.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone! i also think they are cool... i do notice that they are slacking a little in the actual numbers of leds per ring compared to my current 10ks... and gladiator, as far as the light output with only the white ones fired, well i dont know yet honestly. they seem a little less bright just from initial power ups, but that can be expected since only half of them are fired. however as you can see, when both circuits are lit--they are still very bright. im thinking of running both circuits full time, and just having the ambers blink with turn signal if i can figure out how to tap into both power wires from both ends. wont know until i remove the front end off again and inspect what im working with. steve doesnt think it will be possible, but then again it may be possible. we will see on friday since i have the day off or this weekend if i do end up working on friday.

all in all i like the idea of 2colors, one for accent lighting and one for signal, however i really like them when they are both lit at the same time. to me they look super badazz when fired together, although the white does dilute the amber color a little from a distance but up close it looks real exotic.... i think my next set if i dont go red, would be 2 different shades of blueish white.. maybe a 6k and 10k.. i think those 2 fired together would look better than those new audi r8's, but thats just me though.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I don't know if it is the color or what. But something with those just look weird to me. I am not saying if that is good or bad but I can't put my finger on it right now.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I think those are sweet bro I can't wait to see them installed....

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
not sure what your seeing slim??????
I don't know if it is because its less LED's than your other ones or what. once you install them I will have a better determination. do you still want my grille? I may take a trip down there to you and drop it off.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well im not sure about the grill anymore, i havent decided what i wanna do with that section yet. just tryin to do one thing at a time as money allows you know. the wifey's voice pops in my head everytime i think of busting out my credit cards for my wants and not needs. the bills have to paid first and foremost being the super responsible guy i am and im slowing stacking my "extras" for my 3pc forged 24's custom painted that i really want before anything else really other than these halos... im even putting off my suede project for a while in hopes of attaining them 4's faster. i already have the material so if things go south then the suede will be back on the top of my list of things to do.

but hellz yeah, if you still just want to come down again and kick it, then yeah im down for that. let me know what your schedule is like and we can set something up. your a cool guy so yeah it would be fun to kick it again, but this time we could actually go out and hang out a bit and hit up the hot spots on beachside instead of just hangin out at the shop and working on the whips unless of course you need some more work done then of course, im the man for the job as you already know.

on a side note, i was confused about the 12v regulators yesterday when i went out and bought them from radio shack. but after a quick chat with steve lastnight i am now informed of how they need to be installed correctly.. i do in fact have to make some short extensions for the input/output/ground and solder them accordingly and kinda make my own prewired pigtail/starter kill/relay socket extension thing sort of and then heat shrink accordingly. you see, i was quickly confused because the kat at radio shack said i needed to intergrate them into a bare circuit board and im not a technical electronics savy individual so naturally i was overwhelmed when the sales guy told me that. however steven put the smack down on me in laymans terms and it all become visually correct in my mind and it all makes sense now. so needless to say i had to run out and get myself a soldering iron kit and some flux. no biggie. i just never used a 12v regulator thingy before and i felt kinda dumb having to ask how to use them correctly but all is well now and im sure errthang is gonna be fine with the install. i already kinda mapped out in my mind as to what it is i want to do with them now.

im thinking of running them off their own separate individual circuits and installing some of those cool small round rocker toggle switches with their own leds on them when powered and routing the wires under the dash and then cutting holes in my radio bezel for mounting them and thus making for a real clean install.

and this time around, im gonna try and take pics of the entire process for all you that are overwhelmed about installing a set yourselves. i just gotta remember to take the pics because once im in the zone and working on something, you might as well forget about me thinking about something other than the project at hand. because when im in the zone, im literally in the zone

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Cool MCB hopefully you can get the write up posted.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did you not install yours yet homie? if you need a write up in order for you to refernce then i will try my best to remember to take a pic of every step. im sure i will remember to take pics throughout the install but to stop and take one of every step get a little tedious and when my hands are dirty it then becomes kind of a hassle you know. clean hands thenm take pics then they get grimey again and so forth.

i will do my best though dejaun , just for you homie! its a great look and its not hard to do at all but it does require like 6hrs atleast, and since i plan on painting as well its gonna take me more time considering i have to prep, paint and let dry properly.

be on the lookout for some updates from me 2morrow

·
Registered
296 Posts
they look awesome!

remember when I said I was not sure why I had those.. well I figured out why lol. they are actually a new prototype set I was working on and there is about 8 led's less then the ones you have now. In terms of total light out put it is not noticeable but we were working on something different with our components and that was the first design. They should work well!!!

I am super stoked. I loved how all our new products are on your car... the bad ass tailight halos are next!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
install them bad boys!!! :rockon:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Looks great man, if i didnt already get 3ring green i would be all over these.

they look awesome!

remember when I said I was not sure why I had those.. well I figured out why lol. they are actually a new prototype set I was working on and there is about 8 led's less then the ones you have now. In terms of total light out put it is not noticeable but we were working on something different with our components and that was the first design. They should work well!!!

I am super stoked. I loved how all our new products are on your car... the bad ass tailight halos are next!
TAILIGHT HALOS???? :clap:
I WANT! I WANT!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Um...Steve......Don't forget me when those rears are done! :wink: :smile:

Hook a brother up! :smile:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts