Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally arrived at my dealer Friday morning it was actually delivered before they opened. I picked it up Saturday about noon, I've only driven it about 75 Miles but so far have been very impressed. Its got good power, great ride, love the performance seats tomorrow I'm going to start figuring out the NAV system. My son and I have already checked out the DVD player and the excellent stereo man does it sound good. I'm sure this car going to work out very well for me. I've attached a picture of it sitting next to the car I traded in for it although it may not be quite as fast or handle quite as good it sure a lot nicer to drive and ride in! I'm sure I'm going to have some questions here in the near future and thanks everyone for the help I've already received!

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awesome car and I bet you will be just as happy with everything it has to offer regardless if it isn't as fast. BTW - Is that one of the Dealerships in Indianapolis? Looks kind of familiar...even though I don't live there I have been there at least a half dozen other times for car events. Enjoy your car.

Later

·
Registered
370 Posts
Gratz RTExpress

you'll find alot of great info here....

·
Registered
600 Posts
any reason on why you traded the vette??

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats RTExpress, I know you've been waiting patiently.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Good luck with the new wheels. RTExpress

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, I've been nothing but pleased with my Daytona :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SRT8Charger07 said:
Awesome car and I bet you will be just as happy with everything it has to offer regardless if it isn't as fast. BTW - Is that one of the Dealerships in Indianapolis? Looks kind of familiar...even though I don't live there I have been there at least a half dozen other times for car events. Enjoy your car.

Later
I think it will be a great car I just need to sit down with it and learn all the features and the nav system. No the dealership is in Columbus NE I live in a small town of Osceola about 25 Miles south.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
milkdud99 said:
any reason on why you traded the vette??
There were a number of reasons, first was financal I was tired of the high payments and I really didn't want to spend 14 or 1500 on a set of tires. Some of the other reasons were I wanted something bigger that could carry more people, more cargo. Vettes even the new ones expecally the Z06's you get a lot of road noise and a fairly rough ride but thats to be expected because they are the performace version with the tighter suspension no sound deading to save weight and I knew that when I bought it. I bought it mainly so my daughter and I could do some road racing and autocrossing. We both hold NCCC national drag records with it in our class and my daughter hold most of the club autocross and high speed times records I can drive straight but am not as good on high speed curves. Plus I'm getting older and this type of car just doesn't appeal to me that much besides it sat around the driveway alot and it just to expensive of a car not to drive. Don't get me wrong it is one heck of a car and it was a lot of fun to own and some day I may end up with another one. :happy:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
CONGRADS ON THE NEW RIDE... It's not a Z06 but for general driving its almost as fun... HA HA... In reality the Daytona is a great practical performance car... ENJOY !!!! Its still no Z06...

What number did you get ?? Lots of people are intrested in how close we are to 4000
Mine is 1936...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on the new ride; talk about a change in comfort/everyday driveability!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEMIDON said:
CONGRADS ON THE NEW RIDE... It's not a Z06 but for general driving its almost as fun... HA HA... In reality the Daytona is a great practical performance car... ENJOY !!!! Its still no Z06...

What number did you get ?? Lots of people are intrested in how close we are to 4000
Mine is 1936...
my number is 1966 so were not to far apart!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
congrats on the new ride.... I just did alittle over 1000 miles on my Daytona and love this car.... if you are excited now... wait till you have some time behind the wheel....

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
enjoy your newest dodge.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
CONGRATS!!! :smile:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BSUfanatic said:
Kind of a nostalgic number...first year Charger was produced...30 years of Charger...very cool!
I had it at a local car show yesterday evening and one of the guys from the dealship mention that about the number, I really hadn't given it much though until then. Car really got a lot of looks and very positive comments I also found out another person from my home town of Osceola called and wanted one so I might have some company here in the near future. I have been watching this fourm for quite a while and I apprecate all the good input I was able to get, it made the decision to buy a lot easier, love the car and am looking for a lot of years of driving enjoyment! Thanks again! :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts