Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my catch can..just finish install,looks great.
one little problem, if one of u modding gurus could help me out..
started the car after install all was good.thought i'd give it a romp with the hood up n when i did the pcv started rattling...shut the car off n restarted it still rattlin?? help out pls if there is something i did wrong??
100_1158.jpg

100_1179.jpg

100_1178.jpg

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks to me like the install was perfect. Not sure about the rattling PVC...sorry I could not be of more help here.

·
Registered
399 Posts
well i got my catch can..just finish install,looks great.
one little problem, if one of u modding gurus could help me out..
started the car after install all was good.thought i'd give it a romp with the hood up n when i did the pcv started rattling...shut the car off n restarted it still rattlin?? help out pls if there is something i did wrong??
View attachment 47474

View attachment 47475

View attachment 47476
Are you sure the PCV hasn't been rattling all along and you never noticed it because the hood was down? Usually the rattling noise means the PCV is working correctly.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that could be.. it is the first time ive had the motor runnin with the motor cover off...
hope thats the case..

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The catch can install looks good, the thing that bothers me is seeing that red tubing installed on the EGR tube, which usually gets very hot, even if the EGR valve is shut off with the Predator ... it's still connected to the cyl head, so it still gets hot ... I'd remove the red tubing, expecially if it's plastic or rubber :eek:

As for the rattling PCV valve, it's normal ... I never heard it either until I removed my engine cover .... than I realized that that's probably the reason for the cover ... to quiet down the noisy PCV valve :)

Here's mine :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyh2WuUIr6Y&fmt=18

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The catch can install looks good, the thing that bothers me is seeing that red tubing installed on the EGR tube, which usually gets very hot, even if the EGR valve is shut off with the Predator ... it's still connected to the cyl head, so it still gets hot ... I'd remove the red tubing, expecially if it's plastic or rubber :eek:

yep took her the the store bout half way there smelled somethin not right :slap: was a ***** srapin the melted plastic off the EGR..ooops

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
yep took her the the store bout half way there smelled somethin not right :slap: was a ***** srapin the melted plastic off the EGR..ooops
D'OH !!! :banghead:

I guess I could say "I told you so" right about now ..... :)

But I won't ;)

Perfect reason to disable the EGR now and replace it with a Billet Tech EGR delete kit :)

(I'm assuming you already have a Predator, but if you don't you'll need it to shut off the EGR)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Looks good... I like the mopar emblem on top of the catch can.

·
Registered
359 Posts
^^^ yeah the mopar looks good......I'm surprised they agreed to put it on there. (R)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts