Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Mopar CAI....Wow!...she really does growl!!! Took my buddy about 15 minutes to put it in.He's done a bunch of them...Next on the list is the resonator mod.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
Got my new Mopar CAI....Wow!...she really does growl!!! Took my buddy about 15 minutes to put it in.He's done a bunch of them...Next on the list is the resonator mod.....
Looks nice, too. Man, that engine compartment sure looks tiny.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
brooks said:
how much

and did you get it from your dealer, or off the internet

thanks
Brooks you can order them from your dealer. I paid $330.00 for mine and if it is the same dealer you bought your car from they should give you a 10% discount on parts. When I ordered mine I got it in three days.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
its nice huh? i love it! it is mopar or nothing for me, hehe!!! hit the gas - and that front end not only looks like a shark coming straight for you, now, it sounds like it is growling before it swallows! on the "evacuation trip" (that is what i shall call it from now on) i would jump the gas just to hear her growl......

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yes and no....it won't completely affect your warranty. however if anything fails that they can confirm happened by your cold air intake....ie. mass water damage or a huge squirrel flying through the filter and getting stuck in your throttle body.

i have never heard of any problems from using aftermarket cai....if you take care of it and clean it often..don't overdue the oil on the filter...you should be golden.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
And that was my question. My mopar cai did not come with oil nor any instructions about oiling and cleaning. Does it need oil and can I use the K&N stuff?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it at the dealership I work at for $255. I was wondering about the cleaning also. When should it be cleaned? And what do I use to oil it?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i will have to look into the cleaning time frame....but i remember something ridiculous like 25,000 or 50,000 miles.....i will look it up tomorrow for sure. but it was something i wasn't going to follow. i was thinking every 12,000 miles....have to give it some thought and see what the guys that have had them in for a year are doing.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
I got it at the dealership I work at for $255. I was wondering about the cleaning also. When should it be cleaned? And what do I use to oil it?
If like the K&N, at 15,000 miles it does not really need it but I clean it anyway (other cars, dont have the Mag yet). I was curious about the oil for the Mopar unit as well, even posted a question but never got an answer. The K&N oil is red colored and would ruin the blue look of the Mopar unit. I an guessing Mopar makes an oil or aren't ACCEL filters blue? Maybe they have a correct color oil available.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks 70gt6...How do you go about cleaning it? Hose it off or something? Or just like a vacuum cleaner,beat it against something... :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
You buy the cleaning kit. It's sort of a foaming spray that you spray on, then rinse off after with slow running water. Then let it air dry. After that, spray on some new oil. Then set it on some newspaper overnight. Re-install the next morning. This will help to prevent over-oiling, since excess oil will run off while it sits.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
My wife's K&N was preoiled and you could tell.
My Mopar does not seem to be oily at all nor were there any instructions about oil, cleaning etc.
Maybe I should get some oil and spray this puppy down.

·
Registered
202 Posts
or maybe it doesnt require oiling at all.

i'd try to find out for sure before i sprayed goop on an expensive filter like that. thats pretty crappy that the kit comes with no info about that. but that also leads me to believe it doesnt need oil.

i could be wrong. its been known to happen.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll have have to ask one our techs at my dealership.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Thanks Billy. I would appreciate that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts