Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with purchasing / installing a Diablo Tuner and getting a custom tune.

First I bought my Diablo Tuner and PCM Swap kit directly from Diablo as it was the lowest price I could find. I got the i3.

The PCM swap process is pretty easy and straightforward. (I say this after I initially panicked a bit lol).

I paid 550 for the kit. Basically you pay, they then send you the i3 tuner with 2 day shipping. I got mine in two days no complaints! After that you go to a the Holley Website and input your VIN, the Diablo tuner serial number, and your PCM number. The Diablo website is very clear and has the link to the Holley website. I didn’t have to unscrew my PCM to get the number I just took a picture of the number with my phone then copied it into the form. After you fill the form you’re taken to a page where you’ll input your credit card info in case you don’t send in your PCM they’ll Charge you for it. After you input and submit the required information you get a confirmation and an email. Holley shipped out my PCM fast, I got mine by air I think it took two days as well.
After you receive your unlocked PCM follow the instructions to swap it out with your stock PCM. They include a return label, I just reused the same box and packaging paper to send it back. Once installed and your battery is reconnected you go through a couple off and run cycles without actually starting the car (instructions are included and it’s very easy). Now it’s time to tune! I have a 2018 so I had to use the bypass cable that you connect under your glove box and to the cars OBD2 port. You then connect your tuner to the bypass which will allow you to install your tune(videos on YouTube by Diablo). I had to update my tuner and it’s suggested you do before install. It didn’t take long but I did it on my PC when I first received it.

After I installed the canned tunes that come with the Diablo I can honestly say I was impressed. You can definitely feel a difference in power. I tried a few different tunes 93, 91, and 91 Intake tune called “jammer”. I felt the best results with the 91 Jammer tune. I do have an intake so maybe that’s why, who knows. If anyone is on the ledge about getting this tuner I’ll tell you in my opinion it’s worth it. I definitely felt a power increase and the car felt faster.

Now with respects to the Diablo tunes I then decided to get a custom tune and a transmission tune from Hemifever.
Wow! Night and day! The car pulls even harder, shifts way better, and just feels faster. From cruising to WOT I’m in love all over. I got my custom tune same day I bought it. Hemifever sends you exact instructions which are very easy to follow on how to upload your custom tune into your tuner.
So in a nutshell if you just want a little more power a Diablo tuner will give you that. Totally worth it. If you want even more power and your car to feel like it’s pissed off, get that custom tune!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
+1 on the HemiFever custom tune.

Reactions: iirod1791
1 - 2 of 2 Posts