Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yall, here she is. Just picked her up tonight. A few more options than I wanted but I got it anyways. Power is great, it rides good, and its balanced pretty good as well. I'll have more pics tomorrow when its light outside.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an R/T. A Charger without a V8 is a waste.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
"Future R/T owner."

Change that sig, Mister:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The SRT-8 just isnt practical for me at the moment. I wanted a car with decent gas mileage, mixed with an adequate amount of power. Plus I can always add an intake, catback, and headers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, i work at a dodge dealership and we just sold our first 06 charger RT and we got another one in, silver. they are bad ass. if anyone is interested and they live near daytona beach florida my email is [email protected].

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Jay, it would help if you told us where you are:) I would assume Daytona, FL, but I hate to assume. Heck, right up the road from me are both Hollywood and California, both towns in MD, of course:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
215 Posts
very slick. I can't wait to park one of these next to my 75 Dodge Coronet 4dr and 78 Dodge Monaco 4dr! I am salivating right now with the thought of cop rims and tinted windows.

ChargerOsix your car would look good in tint.

The reason I like cop wheels other than liking Mopar cop cars is that the small center hub on black makes the car seem bigger even though everyone likes the big pies and that's cool too as that promotes bigness too, but I like long looking cars.

The SRT may be cool too but the fuel economy for 30 extra lbs.ft. of torque (and the extra price tag) isn't worth it. 14City/19Hwy for an SRT vs 17City/25Hwy for an MDS 5.7L R/T.

Sure the SRT has a ton more hp but the end result may be only a few tenths of a second faster and the R/Ts likely feel better in the torque dep't around town. Perhaps how the original Hemi vs. 440 Magnum wedge motor used to compare. The 440 felt stronger in the city.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Becuase it remembers where you were last in the thread. Cookies, anyone:)
I'm pretty sure the difference will be more than a "few 10ths". I expect that fully broken in SRTs to hit 13.2-12.9, while an R/T will be right around 13.9 or so, with the Daytona hitting a 10th quicker or so.

And by fully broken in, I mean over 5K. And keep in mind, your paying for a bunch of suspension stuff in there too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats,Man--You lucky son of a gun!! Enjoy- I'm happy for you!!! Details-details-details please!!!!! SRT-8 OR BUST!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow....the silver definitely looks good!!! I just went by a local dealership here in Mo today that had two R/T's sitting on the lot, a white and a blue. The silver by far is the better looking one. The salesman told me that the owner wasn't even selling them yet. Which didn't make much sense to me, but whatever...lol. Anyway, hope you enjoy the car, it looks great.

And to everybody that reads this, these cars look a LOT better in person than they do in pictures. Pictures do not do them justice, trust me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats! You're the first on the block.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Big Country said:
And to everybody that reads this, these cars look a LOT better in person than they do in pictures. Pictures do not do them justice, trust me.
I agree Big, Pics, definately don't do the car justice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts