Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Bob's 4db resonator kit to replace the stock resonators. Their resonators are just straight through glasspack tubes.
Easy to install, only issue at all is where to cut the pipe. they tell you 7" from the center of the curve, but that is a little vague. It's is hard to judge the center and do you measure form the outside, inside? Anyway, I made my cuts and put them on. I did it rather quickly because I didn't want my Wife to know. I wanted to see if she noticed. I am quite sure if she knew, she would say it is too loud regardless of what it sounded like. I was able to do the install while she was in the shower and getting dressed. I have a sawzall, or else I don't think I would have tried.
I took a picture next to the stock resonator. I wanted to do a step by step pictorial, but time was limited and it's not the kind of mod that really needs one.
I took it around the block, and back into the garage so I haven't really womped on it yet. Later today for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Yeah the "where to cut" mark is a little vague. I ended up having to recut as I determined to make mine flush and level to each other. Totally worth the extra time.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Saved yourself about 40 pounds of weight , if the wife finds out just tell her ... less weight better gas milage....hehehehehe

Scott

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saved yourself about 40 pounds of weight , if the wife finds out just tell her ... less weight better gas milage....hehehehehe

Scott
I just hauled the two old resonators up to the attic and those suckers are heavy!
I took the wife out to the store and for ice cream. She never said a word, but she has only been in it one other time(only had it 3 weeks).

I find that they are a good bit louder at idle and as you accelerate slowly, there is a drone as the RPMs go between 1500 and 2000. Accelerate harder and and it goes away. Accelerate even harder and it sound awesome, but not too loud. I never went WOT with the wife, but hope to run an errand later tonight.

·
Registered
928 Posts
her ignorance is your bliss =)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just hauled the two old resonators up to the attic and those suckers are heavy!
I took the wife out to the store and for ice cream. She never said a word, but she has only been in it one other time(only had it 3 weeks).

I find that they are a good bit louder at idle and as you accelerate slowly, there is a drone as the RPMs go between 1500 and 2000. Accelerate harder and and it goes away. Accelerate even harder and it sound awesome, but not too loud. I never went WOT with the wife, but hope to run an errand later tonight.

I have the same set teamed-up with an AFE Stage II and SC 91 Oct. Just wait until to put the stomp to them... you'll definitely hear the difference at WOT! As they break in, they'll get a little louder... ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like the BB kit! Sounds and looks so much better than stock. Easy to install. The kit will sound better with some time and miles.

gregg65: I've got the same setup as you.(SC/aFe,BB's)

Enjoy mikeb33!

Ed

·
Registered
214 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts