Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SRT and only have a little over 2000 miles on it. I've done no mods yet, but I've been making plans. I checked the PCV line going into the throttle body and sure enough there was oil puddled in the fitting already. I plan on doing heads, cam, and converter this winter and would like to open it up an not find tons of carbon buildup from oil in the chambers and on the pistons. So I looked into some kind of oil separator. I went to home depot to build my own, but all the oil separators and catch cans there are made for air compressors. Not a big deal but if you read the labels on the catch cans they say NOT for use with synthetic oils. It probably would never be a problem but who knows if it's the plastic that reacts or just the o-rings. Either way why worry about it. Also those are made to be stationary. There are a couple of companies out there that make them with filters and chambers that allow the oil to condense and "fall out" of the air. Billet technology happens to have one that bolts onto my car, looks cool and is cheaper than some of the other quality ones I was looking at. And hey, bonus it looks nice too.

I live in south FL not too far from the Billet Technolgy shop so i took a drive over there to pick me up an oil catch can. A bunch of very cool people working there. Dan actually installed it for me while I was there. I was not expecting it, but it was a really nice thing to do.

I saw a bunch of catch cans getting prepped to be mailed out. I also got a tour of the shop. They have some cool stuff there!

I'll check it this weekend when I install the coolant filter. I don't expect to see much in there yet because I don't do a lot of driving, but I'll let you all know what I find.

The wife has the camera so these pics are from my phone. Not good but better than nothing.

Thanks again to Dan, Heidi and everyone else I met. It was a pleasure meeting you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
VERY nice. Can't wait to get mine. Hopefully it will show up soon. Those guys do a nice job on their stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts