Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TB die-cast Daytona model got delivered to my doorstep Friday. Wow! Are they ever NICE!

Perfectly packaged, no crinkles in the clear plastic box.

The car appears to me to be "spot on" except that it doesn't sport a sun roof.

This will go perfectly with the other 1:18's that I have, representing all of the "power cars" that I've owned: A Vanishing Point replica 1970 white Challenger, a "green go" 1970 Challenger T/A, and a red 1986 Corvette. I never remove them from their display boxes though.

For $38 bucks and change, I would recommend these to any Daytona owner!

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Looks like either they are sold out or not available anymore. I checked the website and can not find them anymore.

:ninja: Good thing I pre-ordered 2 TorRed Daytona at the beginning of August. Now I gotta wait and see if I actually get them. :pray:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey I got one of those for Christmas last year. I will post the site in a minute as soon as my SWEETIE tells me were she ordered it from. It says "Big Time Muscle" on the rear window

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's one on Ebay just like mine (the original poster of this thread).

$22 bucks and shipping...sounds like a great deal! Maybe he's a dealer that has more.

The Ebay item # is: 150153125492

·
Registered
410 Posts
anyone know where I can get a SRT8 Plastic model kit ...??

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Yes, but those are those "DUB" things (whatever DUB stands for). Lots of irregularities there. Did you check out the wheels?
"DUB" refers to the size of the wheels. Typically anything 20" or larger. It is an automotive lifestyle of folks that like the wheels that are twenty and above. The company "DUB" basically capitalized on that and made all kinds of stuff that would go with the look. Hence, the model cars with aftermarket wheels in 20"-22".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_(wheel)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah they are a little over the top for me. The one I have has the Giant deep well rims on it with a Mega Music System set up in it. If it was a real car you could only drive back and forth. The wheels are buried in the fenders and rear quarters.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The Mangos aren't out yet, apparently. When I went back to place an order with the manufacturer a few weeks ago, the links to all of the new Chargers were gone. No pics, nothing. Got a little worried. Glad to see they're still in production. Just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
"DUB" refers to the size of the wheels. Typically anything 20" or larger. It is an automotive lifestyle of folks that like the wheels that are twenty and above. The company "DUB" basically capitalized on that and made all kinds of stuff that would go with the look. Hence, the model cars with aftermarket wheels in 20"-22".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_(wheel)
You sure it ain't DUmB?:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
You sure it ain't DUmB?:lol:
I am not gonna touch that one. Some people like the look.

IMO to each is own.

Actually, the SRT and the '07 Daytona come with DUB's from the factory so I guess it is popular. Although, the Daytona rims are cheap plastic covers.... :(

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I ordered my Torred from supercar earlier this month, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts