Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the call on Monday, went and picked it up Monday afternoon. All I can say is WOW. This is the car for me. Can't wait until it's broken in and can really start enjoying it. Got to get the CAI ordered, the custom sill plates, the pedals, engine compartment goodies, windows tinted..........I'm gonna be broke in no time!

I had the Corsa exhaust put on it this morning, and it is just what I wanted. It is almost not noticable at idle, but has a nice sound under acceleration. There is no problem having a normal converation inside the car at 60-80 mph.

I'm glad I waited for the 08. I had a chance at a couple of 07's, but the interior colors alone were worth it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hope you're not married. That's a rolling sex wagon. Have fun with it. Oh, and put the oil crankcase catch can on your list. Helps keep the octane rating from dropping, which causes knock.:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
high888, I am married, happily for 13 years. 2 kids. And we'll have fun with it together. My wife is still too nervous to drive it, her question was "Why did you get a car that can go 170?" My answer was "Why not?":grin:

·
Registered
657 Posts
My wife is still too nervous to drive it, her question was "Why did you get a car that can go 170?" My answer was "Why not?":grin:
Out freaking Standing!!!! Congrats on the Srt.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
welcome to the srt club

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Congrats on the new TORRED! Wait until she breaks in and you're going to be grinning big time! I still haven't got my exhaust.... I want a noticible idle but not to loud when crusing...... Decisions....... remember when you tint to do the sunroof... nice on a hot day.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim, no sunroof, had one on my truck and I never used it. For the exhaust, I highly recommend the Corsa. It is perfect for me, you can tell something is there, but it's very comfortable while cruising.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Jim, no sunroof, had one on my truck and I never used it. For the exhaust, I highly recommend the Corsa. It is perfect for me, you can tell something is there, but it's very comfortable while cruising.
I didn't know you could get one without sunroof.....
I'd like to hear the corsa in person. Only so much you can tell from a sound clip.
I never open my sunroof but I like looking at the sky when stuck in traffic..:lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim,
I think you're just about 45 minutes north of me. Canyon Lake is by Lake Elsinore, right? I live in San Marcos, next to Escondido, and work in Rancho Bernardo. Let me know if you want to meet up some time, then you can hear the Corsa in person.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Sweet car, congrats. You are right about the interior, the all-dark has much more of an old-school look, and better matches the minimalistic design. Enjoy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats! That is a great looking car. My wife wants a sunroof on ours (Going for the Super Bee), me I could go either way.

As to the question of getting a 170mph car.....picked up a great saying from an old I-CAR instructor.

"When it comes to horsepower, more is better, and too much is a good place to start." :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats!!! Looks outstanding, hopefully one day I will have one. If I could ever con the wife into letting me get rid of the Mustang, but she keeps saying what do we need with 2 Chargers for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's exactly the car I'm dreaming of! Great choice! Beautiful color. Congrats to you!!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Congrats. You are going to love your new ride. It just gets better with time.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts