Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

After an exhausting day at the dealership and still having to go back this Wednesday, I got my beautiful black RT Charger (Sounds like I am announcing a kid right - LOL!!!). Looks great - will be tough to keep clean - drives so powerful and smooth - and a huge interior. It is dark here now so hopefully I can post some pics tomorrow - like you guys haven't seen one already - LOL!!

One thing I am concerned about though and may'be you guys can help me out if this has ever happen to you - I just might not be use to the V8 Hemi yet. A few times after I backed the car up in reverse and then put it in to drive the car kind of shimmied, vibrated, shaked for a second before it went forward in Drive. It doesn't seem to do it all the time as I tried it again in a supermarket parking lot. Could it be that I am throwing it in to drive to quickly and the the shaking I am feeling is the tranny and engine catching up??? ......or do I have a problem here - boo hoo??? Has this happened to anybody???

Thx - Tom

·
Registered
769 Posts
Never has happened to me but like you said you might shifting it to fast. I always make sure to completly stop before I put it to drive. But if you do and it continues take it back so they can look at it. congrats by the way. :grin:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Did you mention it to the dealer?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome to the Black R/T club.
I had an '06 and it didn't do that going from R to D but my '07 does. Dealer says "no code...no big deal"

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Congratulations, what year and options? As for the shimmer, I've heard of it, haven't experienced it my self (knocks on wood), I don't remember if there was a fix or not for it. If its brand new, take it back to the dealership, describe to them what happened, more then likely they'll try to replicate the problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All - no I didn't mention it to the dealer cause didn't happen until I got home - didn't need to reverse out of the dealership. Chrisridley - you have this happen to your 07, but dealer says nothing wrong. I guess I can look at that two ways - one I guess nothing extremely wrong or would show up on code-right.....or just something waiting to happen later on. I guess when I go back to the dealer I can mention to the service guys, but like I was saying it didn't do it all the time - I will keep an eye on it. Sucks to get such a great vehicle but just worried about something being wrong. What do you guys think??

Thx again - Tom

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the tranny on my suburban was super smooth, i could drop into drive, from reverse, while still rolling back.... as long as i didnt hit the gas, it would be just happy, otherwise itd be a lil angry at me but no biggie.

if i do that in this car, it really doesnt like it at all, it will not continue rollin back, so now i come to a complete stop before shiftin

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your 07 RT does the same thing - does it happen all the time or just sometimes??? Anyone else have this happening to them??

·
Registered
309 Posts
When I took the '07 in for the 3000 mile oil change, I had the service manager write up the tranny shutter. They checked it and couldn't find a code and I couldn't make it do it at the dealership...go figure.
Now I have 15,000 miles on the clock and no tranny problems but I still get the shutter every once and a while.
I kept the service write up with the report of the problem though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine does this if it's cold and if I don't come to a nearly full stop before going from R to D.

Just teach yourself to stop all the way before shifting. Then again mine is under warranty for another 64,000 miles...

·
Registered
449 Posts
From one black R/T owner to another congrats

make sure you get a California duster it will almost become your best friend when it comes to keeping your car clean at least in the summer months

the shaking thing sounds like an 07 issue I haven't had any problems with mine

·
Registered
928 Posts
my 07 does it too, ive kind of isolated it to being an issue with the RPM's not simply moving. if im rolling backward it doest happen, but if my rpms are over say 800 or so it might.

I think its the tractions computer or the tcm wigging out that your wheels are moving one way and then OH MAN RPM's another!!! dont let the tires spin!

i just make sure that im at idle before shifting, seems to only ever happen on those rare times when im in a hurry backing out.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hey Guys,

After an exhausting day at the dealership and still having to go back this Wednesday, I got my beautiful black RT Charger (Sounds like I am announcing a kid right - LOL!!!). Looks great - will be tough to keep clean - drives so powerful and smooth - and a huge interior. It is dark here now so hopefully I can post some pics tomorrow - like you guys haven't seen one already - LOL!!

One thing I am concerned about though and may'be you guys can help me out if this has ever happen to you - I just might not be use to the V8 Hemi yet. A few times after I backed the car up in reverse and then put it in to drive the car kind of shimmied, vibrated, shaked for a second before it went forward in Drive. It doesn't seem to do it all the time as I tried it again in a supermarket parking lot. Could it be that I am throwing it in to drive to quickly and the the shaking I am feeling is the tranny and engine catching up??? ......or do I have a problem here - boo hoo??? Has this happened to anybody???

Thx - Tom
Congrats Tom,
Search around the forums. Pretty sure this has been mentioned before and there is a service bulletin about it. Shuddering is a no no. Might be as simple as a fluid level problem but I seem to recall there is an actaul cause and cure.

Edit: Tom, Type in Shudder in the search engine and you'll find a few threads. One guy had a new bell housing put on for a cure. There is also talk of water intrusion into the tranny causing this. Either way, take a look at all the causes and put your dealer to work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts