Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm beyond pissed right now. Was driving home around 4:00PM and when I was a block away from my house some jackass drove to fast and slid on the ice so he was sideways in my lane. I had to swerve to miss him, when i swerved I lost control on the ice and hit a pole. After I hit the pole the guy that made me get in an accident just drives off, I couldn't get a license plate because his entire rear end was covered in snow. The car isn't drivable right now because I think it has a bent control arm (when i straighten the steering wheel my left front tire is straight but my right is turned..) The reason I payed for Winter tires was to avoid a situation like this, But it was raining last night then it snowed a couple inches today so the roads were terrible.

From what I can tell i'm going to need a new fender, new control arm, new front fascia, new projector headlight. Not sure what else since i'm not a mechanic but this was enough to ruin my day. Life has been crappy in the last little while and this is just the cherry on top. Won't be able to get to work Monday, won't be able to pay my deductable, might be screwed. :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

Green Bumper Automotive exterior Light Yellow

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Sorry to see this ..... the bent part is probably a tierod ... either the outer tierod end or the inner tierod, which is harder to do. The outer is piece of cake, can be done in the driveway.

The fender can be had fairly cheaply... see eBay listing here, for $138 shipped : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The front corner lens is about $39 shipped : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories for the pair.

And the front bumper cover doesn't look damaged enough to need replacement, maybe just a re-paint or good buff job.

Good luck ...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even if the bumper is salvageable there is no way i'd want it on my car after seeing it like that. I want the Grip tuning Fascia if it does need to be replaced. The bracket that the corner lense goes onto is broken so i don't know. I still have the corners from my stock headlights too. When i drove it home the steering wheel just kept turning if i didn't hold onto it. but i could probably spin the intire wheel with a flick of my pinky. there is no friction on the steering wheel

·
Registered
215 Posts
i feel your pain man what i would do if fix the mechanical problems first like the arm and worry about the cosmetic stuff last i would rather drive and look ugly than sit in the drive way and look pretty.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i feel your pain man what i would do if fix the mechanical problems first like the arm and worry about the cosmetic stuff last i would rather drive and look ugly than sit in the drive way and look pretty.
X2. The winters just beginning, you might as well make it drivable and make it pretty in the spring when the weather's nicer. Now is the high risk driving season.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear this... Next time, let him it you. This is why car insurance exist (at least here in Québec.)

On the other hand, Fix the mecanical stuff, and if you get in another car accident (I don't wish it for you, but you never know what can happen) well you will get free repairs . (happened to me, Car bumper was broken but someone hitted me and insurance paid a new bumper, while the guy had not do anything besides from scratching paint.)

have a nice day

·
Registered
831 Posts
Damn that sucks, alot of F'd up people in the world!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I filed a claim with my insurance online, I will have to pay a $700 deductible and everything will be fixed at once, I liked the idea of just fixing the mechanical problems but my insurance will fix the entire car, not just what i choose to be fixed. The only way I would of fixed the mechanical problems only is if I was strictly paying out of my own pocket.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.