Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,520 Posts
Beautiful car!
I see you have an iPhone. Hate this annoying blue/green dots.

Reactions: Bcotter

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,045 Posts
No, I don’t think I would recommend ceramic coating on daily driver. It’s pretty high maintenance. Daily driver is an f150 and work car is a 2009 charger R/T
I mean ceramic coating are supposed to be the best protection one can buy today. Why would you not recommend on a daily driver? High maintenance ? I guess that's a matter of opinion . I get what your trying to say I think but could you explain a bit more? I'm not sure I'm following exactly why a ceramic coating in your opinion isn't a good choice. Some people do Daily Drive their chargers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mean ceramic coating are supposed to be the best protection one can buy today. Why would you not recommend on a daily driver? High maintenance ? I guess that's a matter of opinion . I get what your trying to say I think but could you explain a bit more? I'm not sure I'm following exactly why a ceramic coating in your opinion isn't a good choice. Some people do Daily Drive their chargers.
Your right it is a matter of opinion. What I mean is it takes more up keep. The coating I got recommended special wash products and a wash procedure. It’s not too big a deal but if I daily drove it I would have to wash it more often. My truck for instance gets pretty dirty pretty quick. So I wash it once a week. The ceramic coat wash takes about twice as long so I’d just be killing more time. That’s all I meant. As far as investment goes I think it was a good investment because it does protect and look really good.

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
761 Posts
No, I don’t think I would recommend ceramic coating on daily driver. It’s pretty high maintenance. Daily driver is an f150 and work car is a 2009 charger R/T
Ceramic coating is good for daily in my opinion I’ve never done it though so take this with a grain of salt lol but it’d help keep the road debris bugs etc easier to get off water bead better etc etc so I think it would be smart bc it’ll preserve the paint. Or getting a PPF but again this is all coming from someone who’s never done it or got it done I just know what it does and how it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your right it is a matter of opinion. What I mean is it takes more up keep. The coating I got recommended special wash products and a wash procedure. It’s not too big a deal but if I daily drove it I would have to wash it more often. My truck for instance gets pretty dirty pretty quick. So I wash it once a week. The ceramic coat wash takes about twice as long so I’d just be killing more time. That’s all I meant. As far as investment goes I think it was a good investment because it does protect and look really good.
Ceramic coating is good for daily in my opinion I’ve never done it though so take this with a grain of salt lol but it’d help keep the road debris bugs etc easier to get off water bead better etc etc so I think it would be smart bc it’ll preserve the paint. Or getting a PPF but again this is all coming from someone who’s never done it or got it done I just know what it does and how it works.
yea it’s just preference. If you have time to keep up with it it is great. But the guy that did mine said if you don’t it doesn’t last as long as it should. I just work in a dirty environment and live in the northwest so for my daily drivers I use the car wash from time to time. The ceramic coating I got cannot go through a car wash.

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
761 Posts
yea it’s just preference. If you have time to keep up with it it is great. But the guy that did mine said if you don’t it doesn’t last as long as it should. I just work in a dirty environment and live in the northwest so for my daily drivers I use the car wash from time to time. The ceramic coating I got cannot go through a car wash.
Understandable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts