Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this is something I want to show everyone. I want all of you to see these numbers for what they are. OUR Average 1/4 Mile time was 13.91 at around 100.1 miles an hour. With no other Mods Our New Average 1/4 Mile time is 13.82 at 98 Miles an hour with the 3.55 gear on Street tires launching very easy so I don't blow the tires off it. Here is the Kicker our 60' times went from 2.175 to 1.956 and again that was babying it out of the hole to keep the tires from spinning. So Quicker e/t, Lower mph, Better 60' and I haven't even gotten into the engine compartment yet.Next Step is getting it out there with the D/R's and launching it right. Also I know I'm running out of Motor at the end of the track (no CAI Or Exhaust) So if I do make changes to these items I can pick up more I bet.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Can I buy a set of these gears?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
You picked up 2 tenths on your 60' time but only 1 tenth in the 1/4. I'm sorry but it sounds like 3.55 is way too much gear.
What gear are you in at the end of the 1/4?

I would really like to see what something around a 3.23 gear would do in an otherwise stock RT.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You picked up 2 tenths on your 60' time but only 1 tenth in the 1/4. I'm sorry but it sounds like 3.55 is way too much gear.
What gear are you in at the end of the 1/4?

I would really like to see what something around a 3.23 gear would do in an otherwise stock RT.
I actually went through the traps in 3rd with 6000 rpm shiftpoints. Also the old passes were were done on a 50 degree day here and it was 72 the other day.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I actually went through the traps in 3rd with 6000 rpm shiftpoints. Also the old passes were were done on a 50 degree day here and it was 72 the other day.
That explains it.
You could drop 3 or 4 tenths if you shift earlier. If you are holding a stock 5.7 to 6000 you are way down in power. You would be a lot better off shifting closer to 5400 RPMs, especially with the lower gears. That last 500 is definitely costing you at the traps.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Ultra I'm running our track killer rear end so yes these are available for sale in the full kit.
I was talking about just the gears. your kit is the best thing to happen to these cars but I just spent my last dimes on heads and a cam.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That explains it.
You could drop 3 or 4 tenths if you shift earlier. If you are holding a stock 5.7 to 6000 you are way down in power. You would be a lot better off shifting closer to 5400 RPMs, especially with the lower gears. That last 500 is definitely costing you at the traps.
I agree But I wanted to see if I could keep her in 3rd.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I agree But I wanted to see if I could keep her in 3rd.
I may have misunderstood. I was thinking you held all gears to 6000 rpm. If you just held third you probably didn't cost you more than a tenth or two.

I bet that thing doesn't spend much time in first gear. You probably hit second gear before the 60' mark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts