Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOT BEE ?

Well after several tries at getting a personalized plate for my Super Bee. I previously sent in 3 different requests for a BEE themed plate. All were already taken, which I sent in, in the state of Texas.

Yesterday I checked my mail and I got the announcement that my new plates are ready to pick up. I know you will ask, The BEE is broken down for a new fascia (being painted) and some engine parts are at the powder coaters. I will post pics of the plates installed on the Bee when it is running again.

GOT BEE next to my fridge magnet (Got Milk).

It is even on my window sticker, for the car.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off the subject but what front end are you putting on the Bee?
I am going with the Grip Tuning front fascia, for my Bee. When I saw 714 Motorsports Super Bee in person, at 06 SEMA and then at the 07 Spring Festival, I knew that was the one I wanted for my Bee.

714 Motorsports Super Bee. They used the Grip mesh grilles in Black (hard to see in the pics). I am powder coating my Grip mesh grilles in Det. Yellow.

They used the entire Grip kit for the Charger. Don't know if I am going get the rest of the kit or not.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Little too late, but you know you can call to check plate availability, right? :p

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Little too late, but you know you can call to check plate availability, right? :p
Doesn't the website have it? I know that CA DMV does..

Can't wait to see it, Mark! :grin:

-R

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Doesn't the website have it? I know that CA DMV does..

Can't wait to see it, Mark! :grin:

-R
Our state website might; I'm not sure. My county's website has a number for the state DMV you can call and an ACTUAL HUMAN BEING will check up to three for you.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What ya doin with the old fascia?
Keeping it. If I ever want to put the Super Bee back to stock, I am keeping all the original parts.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our state website might; I'm not sure. My county's website has a number for the state DMV you can call and an ACTUAL HUMAN BEING will check up to three for you.
The lady I spoke with would only let me try one plate choice at a time. So I mailed them in to try 3 at a time.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Did You Know

HEY THERE FREEBIRDSRT DID YOU KNOW THAT ON YOUR FIRST PIC OF THE CHARGER THE LEFT HALO RING TO YOUR HEADLIGHT IT SAGGING A LIL?:confused: YOU PROBLY DO KNOW JUST THOUGHT I TELL YOU INCASE YOU DIDNT!:confused: WELL NICE BEE SRT YOU HAVE THERE :cool:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HEY THERE FREEBIRDSRT DID YOU KNOW THAT ON YOUR FIRST PIC OF THE CHARGER THE LEFT HALO RING TO YOUR HEADLIGHT IT SAGGING A LIL?:confused: YOU PROBLY DO KNOW JUST THOUGHT I TELL YOU INCASE YOU DIDNT!:confused: WELL NICE BEE SRT YOU HAVE THERE :cool:
Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I knew about it. I hit a bird at 80 mph, on the freeway. The bird hit dead center of the passenger headlight. Amazingly, it did not crack the plastic headlight, but it knocked one of the halo rings from its glue backing. Justin over at AAC is re-doing that headlight for me.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Cool You Knew Already

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I knew about it. I hit a bird at 80 mph, on the freeway. The bird hit dead center of the passenger headlight. Amazingly, it did not crack the plastic headlight, but it knocked one of the halo rings from its glue backing. Justin over at AAC is re-doing that headlight for me.
WOW PERFECTLY ON THE HEADLAMP DANG!!!!! AND NO CRACKS LUCKY?? IT WOULD HAVE DONE SOME DAMAGE . WELL NO PROB FOR THE HEADSUP JUST TRYING TO HELP A FORUM MEMBER :cool:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I know it's the law in our state, but are you really going to hang a plate on that beautiful new fascia?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know it's the law in our state, but are you really going to hang a plate on that beautiful new fascia?
No way. I wish we didn't have to have plates at all. Ruins the look of a car.

I have never (since 16, I'm 37 now) put the front plate on the car.

My MagnumSRT

My SuperBeeSRT

I always stick the front plate inside the front windshield, centered at the bottom. I take that plate out for car shows, M&G, photo ops, etc.

You can see the front plate, at the top of the pic, inside the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts