Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I could say to my girlfriend was "damn that's a fast SUV" :lol:
I pulled up next to him as soon as the light turned green he took off so did
I. He pulled like a car an a 1/2 on me an it stayed like that till i let off around 80mph.
It was bone stock in fact the guy I raced was test driving it. When I was able to pull up next to him I saw the Dodge sales person in the passenger side seat they were :lol: I gave him a thumbs up an rode off..
420hp AWD 6.1L HEMI :grin: :grin: All I know is I'll be getting a SRT-8 soon

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
thts 1 amazin truck

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The GC SRT-8 will get you all day long from a dig(stop) even if you had a Charger SRT-8. AWD always wins 0-60................now 1/4 mile is a different story.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I drove a couple at the SRT experience - they are REAL fast off the line. AWD grabs pretty quick, and their handling ain't too bad either!!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I want to go test drive one :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup, SRT's Jeep takes off like a bat out of hell, nothing beats it's deep throaty rumble either.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My dad has one of does

my dad has a cherokke srt8 down her at mexico and I race once to a friend that has the 300c srt8 and I barley won him just like about 3/4 of a car if u race a srt8 car with a srt8 car the one who wins is the onw who makes the best jump at the beginning cause the next time I raced my friend he won me like for about the same distance.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
First time we took the Charger to Infineon we ran with a SRT8 Grand Cherokee.
Here's the time
r/t .225
60' 1.868
1000' 10.994
1/4 13.185 @ 102.56 mph

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Plus the Jeep SRT does pretty well in the snow, except it does ride very low for a AWD truck body, tho. Their claim to fame is 'fastest production SUV from 0-60 ever, wet or dry'.

·
Registered
383 Posts
To quote Hammer from the SRT Track Experience"That truck has no business being that good".
I really wish I could convince my wife to get one. I love my Charger but everyone expects it to be fast the jeep is the ultimate sleeper.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I'll bet SRT Jeep owners have endless fun at the expense of Mustang GT owners. I just don't see how that could ever get old!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I drove one at an SRT Track event and man that was one Bad Azz vehicle. No finesse was needed to run it :alien: just stand on the gas and hold on for dear life. Very little spin and a lot of get up and go. I would have one if I could afford it and my Charger.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
It was bone stock in fact the guy I raced was test driving it. When I was able to pull up next to him I saw the Dodge sales person in the passenger side seat they were :lol: I gave him a thumbs up an rode off..
420hp AWD 6.1L HEMI :grin: :grin: All I know is I'll be getting a SRT-8 soon
Too new to race it. Wait a few months until HAL takes over with adaptive learning, and it won't be nearly as fast as it was off the lot.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Too new to race it. Wait a few months until HAL takes over with adaptive learning, and it won't be nearly as fast as it was off the lot.
Actually so far it appears that all SRT's get faster especially right around 3k, I know mine did. Check some of the threads around here, there is some pretty interesting discourse on it including some time slips and dyno runs if I remember correctly. Remember I said appears, most SRT owners attest to this but I'm sure there are some out there who say different.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Actually so far it appears that all SRT's get faster especially right around 3k, I know mine did. Check some of the threads around here, there is some pretty interesting discourse on it including some time slips and dyno runs if I remember correctly. Remember I said appears, most SRT owners attest to this but I'm sure there are some out there who say different.
Time slips are not a measure of comparision. Way to many varibles to affect that. Same as dynos. Yeah some say the engine wakes up, but I have yet to see a reasonable explanation on how this can happen.

I do agree the exhaust improves in tone though.

·
Registered
928 Posts
well i have personaly witnessed the srt8 jeep, and that thing is a monster. its awd, heavier and has diffrent gears than the rest of the srt8's. the night at the track it beat every one of our srt8 magies. and some of them were running 13.3's

1 - 20 of 45 Posts