Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well at least as good as i could have felt about gettig a ticket. so i come up over a hill and right on the other side my radar detector starts going crazy laser sucks but o well i just wanted to say to everyone that is always crying and bashing cops because of getting pulled over, get over it and you deserved it. now any way the leo comes up to the car and tells me i was dong 73 in a 55 and im thinking damn this sucks im broke but now im gonna be even more broke. he asks for my liscense and reg. card. but i didnt have the regestration so he takes the lisense back to the car and comes back a few minutes later with the ticket and says to me "i'm gonna cut you a break kind of" so i'm thinking hes gonna drop off a few mph on my speed. he told me instead of a 180 dollar ticket he is gonna give me a warning for the speed and write me up for no regestration card turns out its a 40 dollor ticket. well anyways he lets me go with that but the moral of the story is if you are nice to an leo when pulled over chances are he or she will return the courtesy in some way even if you still get a ticket some will work with you and yes the speed limit was done the rest of my way to work

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
well at least as good as i could have felt about gettig a ticket. so i come up over a hill and right on the other side my radar detector starts going crazy laser sucks but o well i just wanted to say to everyone that is always crying and bashing cops because of getting pulled over, get over it and you deserved it. now any way the leo comes up to the car and tells me i was dong 73 in a 55 and im thinking damn this sucks im broke but now im gonna be even more broke. he asks for my liscense and reg. card. but i didnt have the regestration so he takes the lisense back to the car and comes back a few minutes later with the ticket and says to me "i'm gonna cut you a break kind of" so i'm thinking hes gonna drop off a few mph on my speed. he told me instead of a 180 dollar ticket he is gonna give me a warning for the speed and write me up for no regestration card turns out its a 40 dollor ticket. well anyways he lets me go with that but the moral of the story is if you are nice to an leo when pulled over chances are he or she will return the courtesy in some way even if you still get a ticket some will work with you and yes the speed limit was done the rest of my way to work
HAH sorry bud, that does NOT always work.

I'd say 2/3 of cops are this nice... the other 1/3 are no where near. It is a good idea to be polite, believe me.. I'm just fed up and most of my more recent tickets have been my own fault for having an attitude (sorry but 170 pullovers in 4 years, I INSTANTLY get pissed off now)

But congrats on not getting royally f***ed too bad :)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
LEO got me a week ago. Not for speeding, though god knows I do it enough in a las vegas burb. I am always blowin thru the major drag 2 blocks from the station, and I'm hard to miss. Pulled over, shut off car, shut off radio, lowered window, ad put hands on wheel. He tells me that the plate cover looks great on the car, but is illegal. Takes the lic/reg/ins, and comes back 2 mns later. No fix it ticket, just a warning to remove it. Guess I was polite enough.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'm just fed up and most of my more recent tickets have been my own fault for having an attitude (sorry but 170 pullovers in 4 years, I INSTANTLY get pissed off now)
170??? You gotta be kidding. Either that or you need to take a REAL serious look at your driving style!

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
170??? You gotta be kidding. Either that or you need to take a REAL serious look at your driving style!
Oh no, not kidding. It's about 1 pull over every 8 days. Look at my car... the cops swear im a drug dealer, and won't f***ing leave me alone. I was polite and nice for the first 50 pullovers, and every time i get more and more irritated.

I would find the thread about it but it's been closed due to "leo bashing" which some people were doing. I have no problem with police officers, they offer a very important niche to our cities, however, I don't like the select few who abuse their power.. or in my case about 25% of the force!

And if you ever saw me driving you'd expect to see little gray curly hair in the window, but instead you see a fat irish guy driving. I drive like im 90... only without the frequent accidents.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't come on here and whine about tickets, come to think of it I haven't gotten one in years. I do think its funny that you are telling everyone to "suck it up" just because you got off!! I wonder how much different your post would have been if he'd decided to "stick it to you" for speeding and not having your registration. Could have gone south in a hurry. You got lucky - this time!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
lets see if anyone bashes u for speeding like they did me but glad u got away with the speed ticket in the word of some other ppl DO U FELL UR LIFE IS COMPLETE being u got away with the ticket lol ....but good luck

·
Registered
253 Posts
lets see if anyone bashes u for speeding like they did me but glad u got away with the speed ticket in the word of some other ppl DO U FELL UR LIFE IS COMPLETE being u got away with the ticket lol ....but good luck
you have to do 100 in a school zone to get flamed.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts

i aint tht dumb to do tht much in a skool zone ..and i did get bashed for speeding so w/e

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
really? i got flamed for trash talking leo's after getting a ticket for failing to signal and following to closely while driving 50 in a 65 trying to make it to work on time.

and i said yes ma'ams no ma'ams all the good stuff. but nope. that dont work. my pops talked to a houston judge, one of his clients, working downtown and asked what the deal with a ticket like that is, she said that cops who give those are just trying to meet their quotas. SUPRISE!... im not.

least you got off nicely. most of us arent taht fortunate.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't come on here and whine about tickets, come to think of it I haven't gotten one in years. I do think its funny that you are telling everyone to "suck it up" just because you got off!! I wonder how much different your post would have been if he'd decided to "stick it to you" for speeding and not having your registration. Could have gone south in a hurry. You got lucky - this time!
yes i did get lucky this time and yes a have gooten a few tickets that cost me a lot of money but ots still no reason to complain about it like it wasnt my fault or something. i was just hapy this time and next time if i get a ticket and get slammed hard fine you will be reading a post starting out like damn i just got caought driving like an a hole not this a hole cop was doing his job and i have been wronged i feel charger on davins pain i get pulled over on a weekly basis my tint is 5% on the sides and back and 20% on the windshield and now have 22's on my car but luckly the cops in my home town have pulled me over enough to know i have an eye condition that requires the tint and have started to leave me alone about that

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and one more thing all the posts about ticket usually end up "going south in a hurry" this is just another side of what you usually hear about no one writes about how they had a good encounter with a leo just the bad encounters so hey this post just helps to say what isnt noted just like the news never says whats good in the world they just talk about how screwed up the world is

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wish I was that Lucky when CHP got me for 94 in a 65 2 years ago in the SRT4.

I'm starting to think its like playing Slot machines. Sometimes you luck out and most times you don't.

·
Registered
856 Posts
LEO got me a week ago. Not for speeding, though god knows I do it enough in a las vegas burb. I am always blowin thru the major drag 2 blocks from the station, and I'm hard to miss. Pulled over, shut off car, shut off radio, lowered window, ad put hands on wheel. He tells me that the plate cover looks great on the car, but is illegal. Takes the lic/reg/ins, and comes back 2 mns later. No fix it ticket, just a warning to remove it. Guess I was polite enough.
Lol my routine is similar.....I go
Car in park
4 Windows down
Foot off break
Radio Turn Down
left hand out window
right hand on wheel

·
Registered
856 Posts
Oh no, not kidding. It's about 1 pull over every 8 days. Look at my car... the cops swear im a drug dealer, and won't f***ing leave me alone. I was polite and nice for the first 50 pullovers, and every time i get more and more irritated.

I would find the thread about it but it's been closed due to "leo bashing" which some people were doing. I have no problem with police officers, they offer a very important niche to our cities, however, I don't like the select few who abuse their power.. or in my case about 25% of the force!

And if you ever saw me driving you'd expect to see little gray curly hair in the window, but instead you see a fat irish guy driving. I drive like im 90... only without the frequent accidents.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa.....u funny man.....atleast you know how that stereotype is :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
and one more thing all the posts about ticket usually end up "going south in a hurry" this is just another side of what you usually hear about no one writes about how they had a good encounter with a leo just the bad encounters so hey this post just helps to say what isnt noted just like the news never says whats good in the world they just talk about how screwed up the world is
My thoughts exactly............. NYT are you reading? :nervous s

1 - 20 of 24 Posts