Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
You put the sub facing the back seat?

What kind of idiot installed this? It's basic acoustics; when you face the sub towards the back of the car, the speaker pushes the air around in the trunk, hence making the trunkspace itself like a giant enclosure, giving you deeper, more resonate sound.

Go get your money back.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would also like to know what type of system you put in the car did you keep the original deck? how does it sound in the car?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
epoch said:
You put the sub facing the back seat?

What kind of idiot installed this? It's basic acoustics; when you face the sub towards the back of the car, the speaker pushes the air around in the trunk, hence making the trunkspace itself like a giant enclosure, giving you deeper, more resonate sound.

Go get your money back.
you claim to know anything about acoustics and you use the word 'resonate' as an adjective?

where did you go to school?

get your money back.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GoofyGuy said:
hehe those are the gods of bass. man that thing must be loud. what amp are you running that monster with.
jbl bp1200.1

sounds awesome, but not nealy as loud as my last system (2 18's)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Id hook up my amp and stuff but my issues are:

1. I have no idea if the factory radio has a pre amp out (I highly doubt it).

2. If I use a line level, what wires do I use.

I would rather pull off rear speaker wires as the the battery in the back is there, so i wouldn't need to run any wiring across the car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does the trunk lid buzzzzzz, like all the other to loud jerks.
Do you have a picture of the Fart pipe, love to see it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RDBRT said:
fart pipe? What does an exhaust have to do with a subwoofer?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
RDBRT said:
Yeah, specially love all the loud cars here in South Florida.

The louder the car, the smaller the......well, I don't even have to say it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think it looks great--practically factory! Many times i've listened to the radio and thought that it is one of the best factory sounding stereos I've ever heard--just a little weak on the lows. I'm seriously consider adding a sub as well. If weight is an issue to those who bought this car...they bought the wrong car. I think that most of us are about going fast comfortably in which case this is the best car I've ever owned and I've had 3 V-8 Mustangs '89, '93, ,'01 and a LS1 '98 Z28. This car is about kickin' A** in total comfort in which case a sub makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DirtyOM said:
The louder the car, the smaller the......well, I don't even have to say it.
hows middle school treating you? haven't graduated from that level of maturity i see...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey I work in a middle school, and their humor isn't that advanced yet. They still watch Spongebob Squarepants...

(If you like Spongebob, no offense. :) )

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I like your sub instalation. It's great as long as you don't have anyone in the back. I guess that if you have 2 people in the back you would'nt have the system cranked anyway...

Suggestion... Call your insurance company to make sure your stuff is covered. Some insurance companys have limits on audio equipment or maybe no coverage on stuff that did'nt come from the factory. I know Allstate has $1000.00 coverage limit and only covers items installed in the factory location unless you added special audio equipment coverage to you policy. Some companys don't cover aftermarket wheels or accessories at all

·
Registered
263 Posts
That looks good dude. Don't listen to those who don't like the boom...

I am a 30 year old *******, with a 06' Charger RT/RT..lol. I like a little bass here and there and that is why I am getting my 2 10 in kickers and PPI PCX-1250 installed on Friday. My speakers will be facing the back however. It'll push about two times the sound than if they face the front. To counter the rattle, I am getting my trunk dynomatted....

Total package (without the speakers and amp; since I already had them)...$900...gotta love it...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts