Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I was on my way home from a club with a couple buddies. Got into a construction zone. I was trying to be careful of the raised swere tops all over the place when i hit one. Not real hard but i felt it.

30 seconds later i hear a beep and look at my evic that shows my right front tire is down to like 22 psi . I pull over in a parking lot and 1 minute later it was absolutely flat. I tried some run flat and it sprayed out of a 1 inch gash in the sidewall.

Called my ol lady to get on her way to picking me up. (hour away)
Looked all over for the roadside assistance number.it was hard for me to find but i did find it in the back of the owners manual.

I called and got an automated voice. told it my vin and that i had tire trouble, they put me through to a live , nice lady. Told her i had an SRT and i needed a flat bed. She said she would arrange it and they would call me in a bit. 5 minutes later i got a call from automated system. Your tow is on the way and estimates a 40 minute arrival. 5 Minutes later the tow truck guy calls. 30 minutes he says.

SO he gets there in about 30 minutes sure enough, meanwhile im in the back watching a DVD :lol: He asks me if ill pull it up to the lip of the flat and i do. He hooks a chain underneath but says hell drive it up since im not on the rim, its saferbecause he was worried that tension on the cable might hurt the bottom of my front fascia. He drives it up no problem.

WHen done he asks if i need a ride. I say nope my ol ladys coming. He was nice enough to wait for me like 10 minutes till she showed.

They towed it to the nearest dodge dealer. This happenned saturday night at about 9 pm or so. Monday they call and say i need a rim and tire and its a grand! A rim ! i say. Hes like yeah, its scratched. I say just give me the tire. 188 bux after tax.

I pick it up Tuesday morning(busy all monday) i look at the rim and there was not a scratch. I mean i ran my hands lovingly all over and nothing. The guy saw me doing that and he says "oh the scratches are on the bottom of the lip you cant see them with the tire on":knockout: Why would i want a new one then? i ask. Well i have to quote you what it takes to put the car back to its original condition..... Oh i say.

:confused: :nervous s :silenced:

But shes back home and it was a pain but not bad.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks for the write. Sure would have been easier if you had a spare from the factory.:silenced: Did you try your kit in the trunk or do you not have one like me? I ended up getting one last week from Dodge. Free of course.

Good to hear all is well now.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That sucks Dude! Sorry to hear but I'm glad she's all better now. Knucklehead dealer trying to get you to buy a new rim. Imagine if you actually did and somehow happened to see the old one. I'd have been soooo pissed!
-J

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I doubt he could have fixed it with kit in the trunk, not with the damage on the sidewall.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I dont have the pump in the back. I called and bitched and the dealership ordered me a new one.

It wouldnt of helped.

Now i know how it all works and it wasnt that painful of an experience
That's all good....But, imagine just popping the trunk, changing the tire in 20 minutes and being on your way!;)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That's 3 people in this thread alone (including me) that didn't get the tire kit in their car. My dealership grabbed one from a new Bee they had just gotten that wasn't even on the floor yet and ordered one for that one. That's kind of weird.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
my bee has the tire pump/goop in the trunk and came with it. I think I wouldnt use it the stuff if I had a flat but just call a tow truck... alot cheeper than possibly damaging the rim and paying around $1000 for it or if on a good day finding a superbee rim on ebay etc and getting it for $350 or so. I like everyone else wish we had a full size spare.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Good you got a wrecker driver that appreciated a nice ride. His choice of driving it onto the roll-back instead of winching definately saved some plastic..........

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Good you got a wrecker driver that appreciated a nice ride. His choice of driving it onto the roll-back instead of winching defidately saved some plastic..........
Ya, that is why I have a full size spare in the trunk of my Bee. I just don't trust most tow truck drivers with a fine piece of machinery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.