Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I knew it would happen sooner or later. Unfortunately it happened sooner. I managed to get a small (2-3 inch) vertical dent on the lower half of my driver side door about 3 inches in from the door opening. It is barely (and I mean barely) noticible but it is bugging the crap out of me. Does anyone have any suggestions (do it yourself or professional) to get this fixed? The paint job is not affected in any way.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Those kind of dings really pi$$ me off! I`d love to catch the person when they were doing it!

I`d call a "paintless" ding removal company!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
Sometimes those little dings can be pulled out with a cheap ($2-5) Bondo suction cup dent puller available at any NAPA, but I wanna stress the word SOMETIMES.....
Just get a new door :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Dings and small dents that have not broken the paint can be repaired without bondo or paint.... GO ON THE INTERNET... Search for"Paintless Dent Repair". You will see lots of national companys that do a great job. Allstate Insurance CO supports DENT WIZARDS through their hail repair program. I am an appraiser for ALLSTATE and I've seen some panels repaired that I thought should be replace before DENTWIZ's work. After their work I could not see the repaired area.... Other companys you might find are Fix-A Dent, DENTWORKS, DENTS,DENTS,DENTS... There are a lot of them... Another good source for PDR is your DEALER's used car manager, how many dings and minor dents do you think they have fixed before they put those perfect cars on the lot ???

Don't paint it unless absoultly nessesary !!!!! If the paint is damaged search for a shop that will blend the color within the panel.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If you have never used a DIY dent puller DON'T !!!!!! Depending on how you set it up you could make the problem worse..... Leave metal straightening to the pros.....

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That sucks......well look at the bright side, at least you got a car to get dented :whistle:

I would go with the dent wizard or something. I had a nasty 6" gash on my truck and a dent guy took it out amazingly only payed $100.00

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dent Wizard does excellent work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
kngdady said:
Well I knew it would happen sooner or later. Unfortunately it happened sooner. I managed to get a small (2-3 inch) vertical dent on the lower half of my driver side door about 3 inches in from the door opening. It is barely (and I mean barely) noticible but it is bugging the crap out of me. Does anyone have any suggestions (do it yourself or professional) to get this fixed? The paint job is not affected in any way.

Thanks
Howdy kngdady, welcome to the forum. I had a dent removal company take a dent out of my 69 camaro, did an awesome job, can't tell anything was even there :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes the PDR is the way to go, we had a massive hail storm last Aug. and I had to get one of my cars repaired, I couldnt believe it was the same car 2 days later.

But be careful I had a friend of mine that went to another shop, and his looked terrible, they cracked the paint, and stretched the metal in some spots so it looked "wavy". Make sure where ever you take it that the person knows what he ( or she ) is doing or you will be sorry.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Owned my black R/T only two days when I got a ding. No scratched or brken paint. Dealer said he would repair for $50

1 - 11 of 11 Posts