Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And my Charger is ready to pick up tomorrow morning and it's black!

I'm at work on third shift and I meet the dealer at 9:30am. It's currently 11:30pm. Does anyone else think this is going to be the longest day of work ever?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Go to the post I just put up about air intakes. That should occupy your mind for a few hours anyway!

Seriously, Good luck tommorow, I'll be thinking about you going into the dealer as I drive to work in my Black Beauty!!

Drop us all a line tommorow and droll all over us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 1/2 more hours!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know how that is. I had the same thing happen. I worked midnights, from 11p to 7a and had to meet the dealer at 10a. i had to stay up all night thinking about it, instead of going to sleep at night and waking up to a new charger. That work day was long as hell! have fun in a couple of hours!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got 3/4 the way there (30 miles to my dealer) just in time for him to call me and tell he doesn't have it and he will start looking on Monday for a new one. Apparently the one they were going to get me had damage on it. So time to wait at least another week.........

·
Registered
262 Posts
Make sure he didn't need the week to have his body shop fix the damage..... Check the orignal VIN # that he should have had for your Charger and match it to the new car when it supposedly is found...... :sad:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hey 1quick1 !

As you can tell, some of us are beginning to think that your dealer may be pulling a "fast" one on you :mad: .

Did you know if you go to www.dodge.com/charger/, click "unleash", then "build & price" you can configure your Charger whatever way you want, AND CHECK THE IN STOCK INVENTORY of EVERY dealer in your area?

I think I saw on one of your posts that you are somewhere near Toledo......

I went to the dodge web site and built a bare bones SE, plugged in the base Toledo zip code (43601), and came up with the following:

1. Within 50 miles of that zip there are 19 Dodge dealers in Ohio & Michigan.

2. There were 35 SXT Chargers available among those 19 IN STOCK.

3. There were 5 SE Models IN STOCK at the following locations:

1 - Black SE at Charlie's Dodge in Maumee
2 - Silver SE's at Monroe Dodge in Monroe
1 - Silver Metallic SE at O'Hara Dodge in Clinton
1 - Silver Metallic SE at Dlck Scott Dodge in Plymouth

Some of these dealers had up to 7 SXT's in Stock, and I would imagine they would be willing to deal on price to get you into your price range.

Unless you absolutely wanted a very specific configuration or color (which it didn't seem you did), then there is no reason why you couldn't be driving one today instead of waiting an additional week.

My guess is your car wasn't damaged, but sold out from underneath you.

Good Luck & let me or the other forum members know if we can help! :happy:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I'd stop by and say "Can I see how damaged it was? I'm just curious."

See if he produces your damaged car.

I'm wondering if he got a better offer.

If he has an excuse for why he can't produce the car, then maybe email Chrysler. Tell them you think that the behavior of this dealer is making you suspicious and your concerned for Chrysler's reputation. Ask them if they can confirm the salesman's story.

Most important BE PERSISTANT and firm, but be polite. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Hopefully, he will produce a damaged car to see, and a speedy replacement to own.

Good luck!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would take a14umbra's advice above. If it's an honest problem and they are trying to correct it, I would not hold that against them. But, I also agree with others that it sounds fishy and want them to show me the problem, or at least a record of the problem. There's no way they don't have a picture or at least paperwork documenting it.

If they can show me that there really was a problem, I'd stay with them if the replacement time was reasonable (which is an amount of time entirely up to you); if they can't convince me there was a problem, I'd tell them to forget it and find another dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice guys. I will be probing around on monday to see what's going to happen. Thanks again!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I agree with some here. i would ask to see the damage or a picture of it. If they dont, take your business else where.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for no update here but apparently the dealer can't get a hold of a SE anywhere. He said I can wait and he'll find one or we can work out a deal on a SXT and have it here right away. I'm awaiting a call back from him to talk numbers.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
1quick1 said:
Sorry for no update here but apparently the dealer can't get a hold of a SE anywhere. He said I can wait and he'll find one or we can work out a deal on a SXT and have it here right away. I'm awaiting a call back from him to talk numbers.
Given that I could find 5 other SEs in your market area.................??????

If you wanted to work a better deal on an SXT that is fine, your choice.

But there is an illegal practice called "bait and switch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but something just seems to be fishy with this this dealer that you are working with. If you have already placed a deposit, I would get my money back and go to a more reputable dealer who could sell you an in stock SE, or deal for a better price on the SXT.

Even if you do end up buying from this dealer (given what you have been through), what kind of after sale service and support could you expect??

Just my $.02

·
Registered
495 Posts
I agree. that sounds fishy. If I were you, 1quick1, I would find another dealer and see if they have any you like. If they do, go back to your current dealer and tell them that you found one and want your money back (if you made a deposit).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It has been my experience, and I have had many over my 32 years of driving (since I was 16), that dealers are always willing to negotiate better prices on vehicles that they have in inventory, on their lots!

This dealership you are working with doesn't seem to have available stock.

Another reason to look elsewhere..............

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Sorry about not letting this go, but your really should contact Chrysler and let them know what's going on. Say something like, "I've got something going on with a dealer and it's making me suspicious. I'm pretty sure it's legit, but I'm still uncomfortable about it. I'm sure you don't want potential customers feeling this way." Then explain your story.

It cant hurt to let them know, and maybe there will be a perk in it for you.

If you go to www.dodge.com, click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page then select "I need customer assistance". From there, there is a link to send them an email.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New dealer should have my Silver SE ready for pick up by today or early morning tomorrow. Thanks for the advice guys. Luckily it was an easy transaction since I didn't put a deposit down. I will post pics when I get it and let you know how things go.

·
Registered
495 Posts
1quick1 said:
New dealer should have my Silver SE ready for pick up by today or early morning tomorrow. Thanks for the advice guys. Luckily it was an easy transaction since I didn't put a deposit down. I will post pics when I get it and let you know how things go.
Glad you got it all worked out! ;)

Looking forward to the pics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts