Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off. Been a member for a LONG while. First thing I see is that i haven't said anything in a while. I guess loyalty doesn't count. Anyway... I finally get my charger Halo's in ( thanks AAC), but the instructions do not tell me how to get the light housing off. I have tried searching, but I need a picture. Anybody at home tonight (friday) and can help me? VERY much appreciated. The oven has been on for 2 hours now because I thought there were tabs to take out the houseing. ( you know something simple.) Tell me I don't have to take off the bumper.

A guy who is trying to put the finishing touchs on his ride. ( drunk typing too )
S.D.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Yep. :smoke:

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cobra & Hemi. Thank you. I will officially be getting hammered. Since I have hard liqure in the cabnet. I will go to sleep and wake up and take off my bumber. To those who are weekend charger warriers. Please forgive me. I am not myself. This halo thing has started off bad. The whole time I have been under the impression that the housing unit is relativly easy to take off. Bake, pry apart and glue the halos around the lights. Not too many people stated that the bumper must come off. If I may ask one more question my senior members. How long does taking the bumper take?? I have a kids soccor game to go to in the morning.
S D.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If I may ask one more question my senior members. How long does taking the bumper take?? I have a kids soccor game to go to in the morning.
S D.
You had better wait until you have time to dedicate to this project instead of trying to "beat the Clock" so to speak. The front end is just one of the harder steps involved, the halo install being the second. You have to be very careful with them or you will break them and then it's a pain waiting for replacements while your headlight is apart. Also some have been able to loosen the front bumper enough to allow it to tilt forward, top to bottom, to allow for headlight removal without taking the whole front end off.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My apologies to all.

I actually know better. Should have researched more earlier, and I would have found several posts about taking off the front end to do this job. Well at least I know how to take off the front bumper. Something I would have never tried if I didn't have the help from people on this forum. As for breaking a halo Manic....I did that too. Now instead of having 4, I have two. Who knows, later down the road, I might try it again. Its still a cool little mod.
S.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts