Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I lost my thing to pop the lugnuts off, since I'm trying to take my wheels off. What the hell do I do? Thanks! :cowsmile:

·
Registered
804 Posts
So, I lost my thing to pop the lugnuts off, since I'm trying to take my wheels off. What the hell do I do? Thanks! :cowsmile:
Quick question...did you sell your viper wheels?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what your "thing to pop the lug nuts off" is, but if you're referring to the wheel locks, get a craftsman (so you can return it for a new one) socket that is just over sized and hammer it onto the lug nut. You'll ruin both the wheel lock and the socket (which is why I suggest a Craftsman) but you'll then be able to get onto it with a big ol' ratchet and go to town. Just make sure you don't hit your rims with the hammer in the process.

Then again this may be a useless reply if I'm totally wrong about what you need to do.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Oops. I hope you get that taken care of soon. Or find your part.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeaah, I was talking about the lug nut key. i ended up rushing one overnight from their website. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what your "thing to pop the lug nuts off" is, but if you're referring to the wheel locks, get a craftsman (so you can return it for a new one) socket that is just over sized and hammer it onto the lug nut. You'll ruin both the wheel lock and the socket (which is why I suggest a Craftsman) but you'll then be able to get onto it with a big ol' ratchet and go to town. Just make sure you don't hit your rims with the hammer in the process.
Use a Craftsman because it's cheap. I don't recommend trying to warranty it because it will be abused. This is why many companies, Craftsman included is getting so strict on their warranty/exchange policies.

There are sockets made just for removing locks. There is a downside. If they are recessed into the wheel, the removal socket might be too thick.

If they are exposed, go to the hardware store & get some 9/16 or 5.8 head nuts. Go to a muffler shop & weld them to the locks. Use the nut to spin them off.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Yo Elvis, glad you figured your dilema out. Are you going to be at the BBQ on Sat?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know. I work at 6 on Saturday, so if I get out on time I might swing by for a bit! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts