Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`v got 14K on my 08SRT and up untill now i really had no complaints on performance with these tires...i actually liked them other than the fact they ware out fast. With that being said i have never driven much in the rain....i try not too as much as possible, but every once in a while i have no choice cus this is my daily. Well, i leave for work today and its raining at a moderate pace and i hydroplaned 4 friggn times with ESP on.....got sideways twice! That chit is tottally unacceptable and very dangerous! Its not like there bald or anything. Hell, i could get another 3-5K out of em if i always drove in dry conditions. Anyways they will be yanked off next time i get paid and replaced with Nitto Invos......rant over!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I`v got 14K on my 08SRT and up untill now i really had no complaints on performance with these tires...i actually liked them other than the fact they ware out fast. With that being said i have never driven much in the rain....i try not too as much as possible, but every once in a while i have no choice cus this is my daily. Well, i leave for work today and its raining at a moderate pace and i hydroplaned 4 friggn times with ESP on.....got sideways twice! That chit is tottally unacceptable and very dangerous! Its not like there bald or anything. Hell, i could get another 3-5K out of em if i always drove in dry conditions. Anyways they will be yanked off next time i get paid and replaced with Nitto Invos......rant over!
you will be unbridledly pleased with the Invos, i can do stuff in the rain i couldn't do on a dry hot day with the goodyears;)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I hear ya..it would`nt take much!
yeah i remember the goodyears... its funny now ill take a turn kinda hard in the rain expecting to fishtail a little bit or a whole lot and i brace and get all ready for it then "boom" nothing happens, the Invos BITE the asphalt

·
Registered
148 Posts
im on 22's and when it rains i have to drive super slow i have turn sideways to a few time.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear as i use to run the 420`s when i was running 24`s on my 03 silverado that i showed and they were great for traction and life span! With that being said goodyear wants $300 a tire vs the invo`s that i can get for about $180 a tire!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Goodyears suck. That is all

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to see i`m not the only one that thinks there CHIT! Now i know were Tony Stewart is coming from when he bashes them on a daily basis!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmmm i have the F1's too. I just drove 4 hours (a couple days ago) in a ridiculous amount of rain down to Findlay Ohio and back. I found they preformed decently well and was about to keep up with traffic. Mind you, i only have 1,500 miles on them so the tread is likely a lot better, but it was the first time driving the SRT8 in rain.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm i have the F1's too. I just drove 4 hours (a couple days ago) in a ridiculous amount of rain down to Findlay Ohio and back. I found they preformed decently well and was about to keep up with traffic. Mind you, i only have 1,500 miles on them so the tread is likely a lot better, but it was the first time driving the SRT8 in rain.
Ya, if there brand new they do ok in the rain, but once you put sum miles on em you better hold on tight!

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I know this is about F1's but my stock RSA's do fine in the rain and the tread is half gone... I do the speed limit though:D

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Chit...after what i went through today i`ll be doing 45 on the hwy. Pat i was`nt speeding when that happened today!
I was just messing with you:cowsmile: yeah, be careful... sometimes chit just happens:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Just be glad that you don't have Pirelli PZero Corsa's.. nearly $600 bucks each, 8000 miles later and they're effectively slicks. :D And the best part is that they come with 6/32 inch tread depth new.. oh well.

-R

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Just be glad that you don't have Pirelli PZero Corsa's.. nearly $600 bucks each, 8000 miles later and they're effectively slicks. :D And the best part is that they come with 6/32 inch tread depth new.. oh well.

-R
Are those on your Lambo?

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The F1s are ultra high performance DRY SUMMER tires only. If you understand that then you will be ok. They are just about the best you can get for warm weather, dry grip. In all other conditions they are brutal.

Chrysler screwed us over by equipping these cars in odd size tires.

For years, all you could get were 2nd rate brands like Nitto, Toyo, and other mediocre tires. However, in the last few months some more performance oriented tires that were designed for cars, not trucks, have started to become available.

The other alternative is to go to non-standard sizes that are close in overall diameter.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts