Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer has a demo R/T with 4500 miles on it.. Sticker is $37 ish.. No R & T package, but has pretty much every option (hence the $37K sticker)

What's an "fair amount" to get off because of the demo miles?

If it were 0-100 miles, I'd expect at least $5500-6000 off of sticker.. just wondering what would be on top of that...

Bottom line, what's a great price on this??

Thanks,

Johnny K

·
Registered
206 Posts
Picked up my demo 06 RT. Loaded, everything but the R&T. Borla cat-back.

7K miles.

I got it for $28k, and I think I overpaid...

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
What excatly are dealer demos? Why do they have so many miles at times?
The manager drives around a brand new car as their own "to show off the inventory and to help sell the cars", really they just want to drive around a car for free. Or it is used as a test drive car, you never know.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Right now they are all willing to sell for invoice and take of $3500 for rebates. I don't think any dealer will go below this, even on a demo. SO why buy a demo? Go find one with 3 miles on it. I just got my R&T with a few options that listed for $37,000, for $31,000 with 20 miles on it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
paid 29 for my daytona
being a demo any price is possible
really recommend the r\t package

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I'd negotiate as if it was new....which means you could probably get it for about $29-30k. THEN I'd deduct 50 cents a mile for the demo mileage. That gets you to about 8-9k below sticker.

Best,

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I'd negotiate as if it was new....which means you could probably get it for about $29-30k. THEN I'd deduct 50 cents a mile for the demo mileage. That gets you to about 8-9k below sticker.

Best,
thats a good way to do that...

However, the question you should ask yourself is... do you really want the Demo car? There is a very good chance that cars engine has been abused quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
37k is way too much. you can drop that down to under 30 for sure. although some dealers are a**holes most should be willing to make some kind of deal.

I remember one dealer I encounterd in Costa Mesa CA. I was looking at the 07 SRT's he had one that had a borla exhaust and a mopar cai. he wanted $3500 over what the car would normally cost without those two items. he wanted $2000 for the exhaust and $1500 for the cai!!! I just looked at him like "You have got to be Joking!".......he wasn't! and the worst thing was he didn't know jack about the car! I asked very basic questions that any sales rep should know, hell what every charger owner knows really, and he couldn't answer any of them! I tried to negotiate but this guy wouldn't budge, kept telling me that I would pay way more if I added these things seperate! com'on $1500 for a CAI!!! lol

sorry for the long story, just thought I'd share. but the moral is never pay for anything without haggling first and shoping around a bit. good luck!

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
thats a good way to do that...

However, the question you should ask yourself is... do you really want the Demo car? There is a very good chance that cars engine has been abused quite a bit.
Personally, no, I wouldn't buy a demo. But that's not the question he asked. :)

Best,

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
My first charger was an SXT demo car with 4k miles on it. I think the sticker price on that was around $25k, and I got it for $22,500.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I paid $38k out the door for my showroom (literally) new SRT in 06. $37k for a demo R/T sounds like WAY too much!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Dealerships are really trying to move the 07 chargers now. I'm agreeing with others in that you should be able to find a loaded 07 RT for around $30k now...

If you're prepared to pay $37k I'd be looking at SRT's.

Anyway, I think this dealer is looking for a sucker to buy this "used" new car. 4500 miles and a demo... that a 1-year used car in my book.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
If you are really thinking about signing for $37k, look seriously at the SRTs. You will be glad you did!!!!
They are completely different beasts.

·
Registered
271 Posts
.Bust balls on that deal!!!

I would shoot for 24-25K with less than 2000 miles, less with more miles.

I paid for a o6 that was ordered for somone ( ha ) with 200 miles early this year, it sat inside, sticker 35++ bought it for 26,200 even has dvd for kids, adj pedals . Inferno Red, what a great car.

Ron

Shoot low, you can always go up!!$$

1 - 20 of 22 Posts