Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a site to get gears? I want to keep my stock rear end but gear swap, and whats nice for everyday 07 rt? Might be my next mod

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Good luck finding gears. Richmond made them till they went bankrupt. Heard they are going to start again but no idea when.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck finding gears. Richmond made them till they went bankrupt. Heard they are going to start again but no idea when.

Hhp and speedlogix has 3:23 and 3:55 but heard they wasnt good for chargers shift setup.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Did you ask them if the gears were in stock or are you just going by the website?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Best bet is to swap it out for a getrag and receive the benefit of stronger axles. My fav is the 3.92.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best bet is to swap it out for a getrag and receive the benefit of stronger axles. My fav is the 3.92.

Yeah i was trying to avoid that since its my everyday car and thats more expensive, if the other gears not worth it then i just wont do it. Also i have road and track pkg

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
If you have no future plans on building the engine up then going with the HHP gears is fine, but if you plan on camming the car and adding sticky tires those factory axles wont last

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have no future plans on building the engine up then going with the HHP gears is fine, but if you plan on camming the car and adding sticky tires those factory axles wont last

Good to know, cam and heads are in route and supercharger is in future

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
With those mods in the future you need to ditch the factory Mercedes crap and move into a getrag or Mopar 8.8

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
What your looking for has a small payoff for the cost. You can figure $800-1200 for gears and install and bumping up a little will only get you a little difference. This is definitely a case of go big or go home. 3.55's won't be enough of a step to justify the cost but 3.92's would be. If you don't have a tuner, that would be a better bang for the buck.

With any gear swap, your going to see a decrease in mileage.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What your looking for has a small payoff for the cost. You can figure $800-1200 for gears and install and bumping up a little will only get you a little difference. This is definitely a case of go big or go home. 3.55's won't be enough of a step to justify the cost but 3.92's would be. If you don't have a tuner, that would be a better bang for the buck.

With any gear swap, your going to see a decrease in mileage.

If i decide to do one i will be installing, i get what you saying. I have all da power at the motor, cam, heads, just debating on getting a little quickness without having a lead foot. I saw a stock motor with 3.55 leave the new SS camaro. Just looking for inputs about the two gears

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
If you have the ability to do the gear swap yourself, 3.55's are a pretty good gear. Even 3.73's wouldn't be bad if you could get that option. Gear installation isn't for your average person. It's more involved than just installing new gears, you have to have them mesh correctly with the proper back lash and such.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay so I have the 3.5 v6 charger se the only kits I can find are on the hhp website they have an upgrade kit for the hemi cars with a package deal that upgrades the entire rear end but it says for hemi cars. Does anyone know if the kit would work on the 3.5l v6.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Okay so I have the 3.5 v6 charger se the only kits I can find are on the hhp website they have an upgrade kit for the hemi cars with a package deal that upgrades the entire rear end but it says for hemi cars. Does anyone know if the kit would work on the 3.5l v6.
They will work, but if I remember right the 3.5 has pretty good gears already

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am kinda torn my finding a donor car that has the 5.7l hemi and or doing a cam and rear end on the 3.5l. The only thing I have noticed so far with the 3.5 is that there is a little hesitation but I read somewhere if you get the diablo programmer it takes that away. Also I kinda want the 5spd trans and get rid of the 4spd.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah only place i have ever found gears for the charger has been on HHP. Thought about getting them but still debating.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts