Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stated in my other post that I might be lucking out and getting a Daytona. Well I am. I called the dealer to ask what options were in this Daytona... it has everything but the DVD Nav system. I told him I'd take it. It should be getting to the dealer around the 28th.

After reading responces to my other post I can tell I am very very lucky to have walked it this one. My only queston to him was, can you put it the DVD Nav system when the car get there. He said they could. Anyone know if thats true or not? I just want them to replace the current radio with the new one (and it has sound group II).

If anyone knows let please respond. I though i saw a thread about it but can't find it.

edward

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yes you can, price would depend on if your dealer would give you credit on your original deck...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about that. I talked to a friend about it and he said to make sure they do it as "We - Owe" work. Something about selling it as it was part of the new car so the charge is the same as if I ordered it with it. Somehow it effects the charges for the install and parts. It sounds like the new car department would then owe the parts people/mechanics something later??? Not sure though.

I don't want to have to pay twice as much to get it done after the fact.

edward

·
Registered
111 Posts
See the thread under "problems" regarding needing a silver center bezel. This being the one that fits the NAV system. Albeit the one for the Daytona is color coded. I added the NAV the day I bought the car, but it took a couple weeks to locate the silver bezel to fit around the new NAV. The dealer installed black... as of today, I have the Silver/Satin bezel in place thanks to the makeitmopar.com guys...

So yes it can be added... But be aware the bezel will be replaced too, so ensure they order the right bezel at the time of getting the NAV installed.

It cost me 1600.00 and free installation, as I made it a part of the sale. I opted to keep the existing stereo "RAQ - 6CD/MP3" and matching bezel as a backup, and also because it was original sticker equipment...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chargin06 - Thats what I needed to know. I remembered about the bezel, but was curious the cost. Do you think it would cost me 1600 if they kept the radio? And how did you make it part of the sale, because thats what I want to do. The normal cost is 1495 when I ordered it, so 1600 isn't to bad.

edward

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmm... There are '2' prices for the NAV system. The first one is 1895.00 and the second one is 1495.00, there are also two NAV systems, one is in dash and one sits on top of the dash. The in-dash version is normally 1895.00, I am not sure about the top mounted version. I have seen both prices, maybe a dealer on this forum could clarify this. The one I ordered was 1895.00 as listed on the stickers of two others on the lot and several I researched on dealer sites. I did come across some 1495.00 model stickers, but I do not know the difference. I'd check with DCX. So when I made the deal the car had everything I wanted w/the exception of the U-Connect, the cig lighter and the NAV. So to close the deal I made my offer at list and they had to throw in the NAV for 1600 w free installation. After 6 hours they agreed to do this, and I wrote the check and drove off. 4 days later they called and told me the Nav was in... I love this car and there are some options from the Road and Track version, I'd like to have had, but were not deal killers. When making the deal, they will reduce the price of the sticker by the value of the RAQ stereo then add the price of the NAV to the result. I specifically wanted to keep the RAQ as it was original installed equipment.

I would ask what the difference in the 1495 model vs the 1895 model is, before I closed the deal....

You are one lucky man to get the Daytona so early!!! I had originally ordered the Daytona, but my gut feeling was to drop the order and go with a Darker R/T. The primary reason is that I am just above 40, and I did not think that Orange or Yellow would sit well with the family and others... I could see all the "Oh he's going through a mid-life crisis" stuff... I know your probably ROFLYAO... but heck I dealing with that now anyway... I just felt the current Daytona colors were for the 25 year old dude...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen the 1895 and 1495. Here is what I found. The 1895 is on the website. If you notice you can't get sound group II and the NAV, yet you can if you build one. I have also seen numerous that have had the NAV and Sound Group II. In the case of the website I think the 1895 includes sound group II. When you check one out on the lot you will see 1495 for the NAV and 535 for sound group II. Hope that clears that up.

I do not want the on dash unit. I want the integrated one. I will probably run into two problems. 1) Does the dealer have the NAV unit? 2) Do they have the orange dash? Normally this wouldn't be an issue but I live 2 hrs from them.

edward

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hope I can help clear this up.

$1895 NAV option is without the Sound Group 2. It requires the same radio/head unit (REC Option) that is needed for the SG2 option, so it is included in the cost of the NAV.

$1495 NAV option is the price IF you do include Sound Group 2. Since you are already getting the radio/head unit (REC option) as part of the SG2 option (which also has a high wattage amp and ?better? speakers) they deduct the cost from the NAV option.

So...

Nav without SG2 = $1895 ($1743 inv)
Nav with SG2 = $1495 + $535 = $2030 ($1867 inv)

EDIT: oops... these numbers are for the factory options which are all in-dash. I believe the on dash version is an aftermarket add-on.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You are one lucky man to get the Daytona so early!!! I had originally ordered the Daytona, but my gut feeling was to drop the order and go with a Darker R/T. The primary reason is that I am just above 40, and I did not think that Orange or Yellow would sit well with the family and others... I could see all the "Oh he's going through a mid-life crisis" stuff... I know your probably ROFLYAO... but heck I dealing with that now anyway... I just felt the current Daytona colors were for the 25 year old dude...[/QUOTE]

chargin06,
Just to let you know...I'm 56, and I can't wait for my Go ManGO Daytona to show up.

I really don't care what the neighbors think. If anything they will be Sublime (green) with envy.

You only live once... and if you can afford it, why not.

When I started talking about this with by wife, and told her about all of the retro colors, I mentioned Plum Crazy Purple, and she said no purple cars.
I told her about Go ManGo, and she wasn't happy about it until I showed her a RAM Daytona pickup. It's more of a copper color than orange, and it's growing on her. :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up a bit. My car already had the Sound Group II option which I love! Adding the REC made it that much more enjoyable. So now I wonder about the 1600.00 deal I made... Hmmm... Probably not that great a deal since I already had the SGII... Oh well... still love the car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts