Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 R/T Daytona. 5.7 Hemi. 7300 miles.... why the f**k am i leaking oil already? any ideas? this is number 5 on the list of things that have screwed up on this thing since april. i'm NOT impressed.:angry:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Is it oil or tranny fluid, there was an issue with the seals for the tranny fluid....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I'd be willing to bet my left nut its tranny fluid from the good ol' 13 pin connector.
ok, maybe not my nut though :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can't tell where it's from i haven't had a chance to pull the cover from the underside. I'm pretty sure it's oil though. I'd be able to tell you but oh i forgot that mopar in their wonderful wisdom decided that i am too "dumb" to check my own tranny fluid. I'll tell you what this car has been nothing but a royal pain in the butt with all it's issues. At this point i'm not happy with my decision to change to mopar.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
the first place i would look is the oil filter. it isnt on very tight (you only hand tighten it) and it might've come loose.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what's the deal with the transmission connector? Please don't tell me they were foolish enough to put a harness connector below fluid level.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd be willing to bet my left nut its tranny fluid from the good ol' 13 pin connector.
Careful! Left nuts have a way of retaliating!:knockout:

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I'll take your nut and raise it to a sack.....:smoke:

·
Registered
93 Posts
can't tell where it's from i haven't had a chance to pull the cover from the underside. I'm pretty sure it's oil though. I'd be able to tell you but oh i forgot that mopar in their wonderful wisdom decided that i am too "dumb" to check my own tranny fluid. I'll tell you what this car has been nothing but a royal pain in the butt with all it's issues. At this point i'm not happy with my decision to change to mopar.
You can thank the wunnerful Kraut brethren at Daimler for making that decision. (and I can say 'Kraut' because I'm of German descent...no sniveling!)

That is a 5-spd Mercedes-Benz trannie, straight from Germany. Fluid-check issues aside, I think this hun slushbox is DA BOMB!

You CAN get a part that allows you to check it from Mopar. (@ $60 IIRC)

·
Registered
102 Posts
you know....

i'm no mechanic, but i do not believe that burning said car will alleviate the leaking issue. you might try taking it in for service before you so quickly lynch a $30,000 car...

·
Registered
383 Posts
You been messin with the Flux Capacitor ??
i agree if the plutonium modulater has the wrong size kanudder valve then it leaks.

Dude honestly leaks are common from the tranny on these cars and I mean transmission not a dude in a dress tucking his junk back. Its a fairly quik fix by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I tell ya I feel bad for anyone with car troubles... I didn't read every post but have you taken it in for warranty work?

I only have one problem with my blacked out SRT8... and that girls keep throwing their panties at me when I drive by! First few times it was ok, but now its just gross.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts